Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

7/18/14 - friday, day 15

Friday morning in Jamaica. Unless you are packed and the next item on your day's agenda is to get to the airport on time, could there ever be less than a fab Friday morning in Jamaica??

Asked Lidia about staying one more night and she said that’s fine so that means making reservations with knutsford negril for the ride to the airport along with arranging a ride to the bus. I would have to take the 7 AM bus to Montego Bay. That sucks, yeah, but for me, getting up at such a painfully early hour in Negril is better than spending the night in Montego Bay.

Linked with Drivah A and he's cool with taking me to the bus. Great. Now breakfast. I asked Lidia what place does she recommend for breakfast. I wanted an omelette with extra cheese and whatever else the chef can pack into it. She suggested Cafe Goa. That sounded like a morning dining plan to me.

I couldn't find it at first because its frontage and entrance are adorned with lush foliage and a small placard sign. I was surprised when I got in. The inside is bigger than one might think when judging from the outside as I did. Inside there was only four others sitting at the bar so I had my choice of table.

[/URL]

The internet was down so I chilled with my music while waiting for my breakfast.

User Info Menu

Callaloo & cheese hit the spot. Light, fluffy and full of flavor. No skimping on the callaloo was appreciated. I usually bathe my eggs in ketchup, but not this time. A little black pepper for garnish and a fork were the only things that touched it before reaching my mouth. I will return.

User Info Menu

The sun is intense today. Dangerously, blistering hot. Just the way I like it. No chance whatsoever of snow.

I get into a cab without knowing where I wanted to go. I can tell he's a young driver with old patience. I blurted out the first place I could think of...Margaritaville. Him screw up him face. I couldn't wait to get out of his car. I worried he would charge me double fare because I'm taking up the space for two people,

User Info Menu

I remembered sammyb buzzing me to check out Drifter's Bar. Took a picture of the sign, but never made it back there. Next time.

The driver slowed down so I could get out. I was proud of how I timed my foot hitting the road as the car came to a coasting roll. Made it to Margaritaville without a bruise or broken legs.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

over so fast?? . . . seems like you just got to negril . . .

User Info Menu

The last day is always so sad to me. So you don't like MoBay even for one night, lol? We usually will stay our last night in MoBay as we always have a long travel day ahead.

User Info Menu

i don't like mo bay either schuttzie . . . it's only an hour ride from negril to mo bay . . .

User Info Menu

It is usually when we come from Port Antonio that we stay there the last night otherwise we wouldn't really want to be there, either

User Info Menu

VI,you do an amazing job of making us feel like we are in Jamaica.Thank you so much for taking us on your vacation with you,you did an awesome job.May all your trips be as much fun as this one was!!