Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

User Info Menu

Re: trip report / july fourth, twenty-fourteen

Wow, that girl was way bold. Just think of it like the time Diana Ross patted Lil Kim at that awards show when Kim had one breast hanging out. LOL

I don't know, if it was me there might have been a scene.....

User Info Menu

LOL AT YOUR TOES~~ This report is just what the Dr. Ordered~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Vi, I am getting such a kick from your report, you travel well solo, just like me. I to have friends once in a while
    hint to come with, I kinda go, uuuh, I don't know....lol
    I swear some think I have a secret boyfriend there.
    Glad to see you had a great time, I'm counting down till my next reach, NEWS YEARS EVE , on the beach!!!!!!!
    Doesn't get any better than that.
    Hi jojo! Glad you are enjoying the ride. I’m sure you can relate to what solo travelers encounter all the time. I get the same thing about having a man there. Sometimes I get people straight and sometimes I let them think what they want. I’ve done three new year’s eves there. It’s always pretty calm on the beach, but the action on the street is off the chain!!! People, music, food, noise and cars everywhere. I don’t have to mention the booze because that’s everywhere on a regular day lol. I know you are going to have a blast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
    Wow, that girl was way bold. Just think of it like the time Diana Ross patted Lil Kim at that awards show when Kim had one breast hanging out. LOL

I don't know, if it was me there might have been a scene.....
    LOL goldilocks!!!! I just had to youtube that incident and ohmygoodness that was just wrong what Diana did!!! She lifted her arm and well…dang. The Portland chick cupped my boob, not flick it like it wasn’t a real part of me. Didn’t make it any better, but not so humiliating. I wonder sometimes if I would have reacted differently and the answer is NO. That fit female would have whipped me good if I reacted like I would here. But because I remained calm and my “body” didn’t react “positive” to her touch, she understood and left me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Donna View Post
    LOL AT YOUR TOES~~ This report is just what the Dr. Ordered~~
    Thanks Jim-Donna!!! LOL

User Info Menu

After walking around taking a few pictures I sat down to finish my patty and return to watching the beach scene. The two girls who sorta claimed this rock as their ocean roost caught my attention. They had been out there since I arrived but never paid them real attention until now. They seldom talked to each other but I can tell they were serious friends. Every few minutes one would hand the other her phone so a photo of a new pose can be taken for admiration or deletion. Their silent communication enhanced their diva-ness. The intense heat from the sun didn’t faze them a bit.

Each time they posed, I stole the shot. Watching them got me missing the young girls I work with. I miss their silliness as well as their drama. But these ladies were never silly or dramatic. Just sunbathing divas.

As I was sipping my rum and nibbling on the patty a guy comes over to chat. His name is Joe. Nice guy, a chatterbox but not annoying. He asked to see some of the pictures because he was interested in the camera. He stopped at this shot and told me he liked it a lot. I tell him it's one of my favorites.

Our 20+ minute conversation was cut short when he was summoned to run into to town for bar supplies. He stood and smiled.

“Please, Vi, promise me you will be here when I get back. I want to talk to you more.”
    “I can’t promise you that.”

A lady with long gold braids came and whisked him away. I did leave before he returned but found out he later ran into O’Neil and asked him to deliver his phone number to me. O’Neil didn’t tell me about the number until I left Jamaica. Didn’t know what to make of that so I just left it alone. BUT if I ever run into Joseph again, in my explanation of why I didn’t call, I’ll be sure to throw O’Neil under the JUTA bus.

User Info Menu

About to leave when I saw a little boy walking around picking something up from the ocean debris. I saw he was collecting tiny hermit crabs. Why?? I asked him, but he shied from answering me. I really wanted to know what he was going to do with them so I decided to help out. “Here’s one!”...he plucked it from the sand. “Here’s another”...he rushed to get that one as well. I decided not to ask the little guy why he was collecting them and putting them in a plastic cup. I didn’t understand nor did my mother understand when I used to stay out late at night collecting lightening bugs in an empty babyfood jar. It was simply a kid thing.

O’Neil called to say the car is NOT running and I would have to find another way back to Fairy Hill. Irritated because that means catching a taxi to Port Antonio then transfer to another that’s going to Boston. Trying to avoid that, I asked a driver to take me all the way. When he said $11US because it was a charter ride I “kissteet” and walked to Juici Patti.

I didn’t want food, I need to use the facilities.

“Excuse me, where is the restroom?”
    “To release water?”
    “Um…yes.”
    “It’s around the corner. Here’s the key. Don’t let anyone go in when you come out please.”
    “Oh sure…no problem.”

WTH?? I’m not a restroom monitor. And what’s with asking what I intend to deposit into the toilet??? Dang and I get embarrassed having to tell women to leave their panties on when trying on swimsuits. I can’t imagine asking people if they have to P or dump a load.

Of course a lady dashed in the minute I opened the door to come out. I let the girl at the counter know someone got by me and handed her the key. She was not happy. Oh well...sorry...lol

User Info Menu

Bathroom Police, haha! That can not be expected of any guest. And maybe it is a flushing issue with the questions.

Shame on O'Neil for not giving you the number. At least let you decide if you wanted to pursue it or not. I really like your style, Vi, of just letting the days unfold and your peaceful meditations and reflections.

Oh, I'm almost forgot. My daughters were picking bottle caps of all kinds on the beach at Winnifred to lug back home to her friend who wanted them for some kind of project. Everyone on the beach just watched and wondered then starting helping save theirs to give to my girls. It was really kind of funny. Even Otis was helping out. We had quite the poundage to take back home, haha.

User Info Menu

Wow, that Boob grabbing thing threw me off guard. I would've been in complete shock but also would have reacted differently in the states. Three against one would not have turned out too good. lol. I got hit on once by a woman in Negril, but it wasn't a local but she spoke patois and was a white woman. I told her I had a man with me, which I didn't and avoided her all night . O'neil seems a little annoying at this point. I would have threw him under the Juta bus also. lol.

User Info Menu

lol Schuttzie…Bottle caps!?!? Did you find out what their friend was doing with them?? Too cute!

O’Neil is an excellent driver, but not an adventurer. He’s becoming more and more set in his ways, not wanting to drive late at night or discouraging longer road trips. He flat out won’t go to Kingston or even Saint Thomas. That newly developed mentality conflicts with my agenda. This visit I concluded that he can no longer provide the service I expect and pay for.

I so appreciate your up building comments and the thoughts you share, Schuttzie. For someone who has never met me, you know me very well. I’m more peaceful and content when I’m in Portland. I’m forced to slow down and pay attention to life and yes, meditate and reflect.

Butterfly, the “approach” was a tricky situation which I see you understand. I wish I knew what kind of vibe I gave her so I know not to ever set it off again. I don’t want to bash him because as I said, he is an excellent driver, but O’Neil and I just aren’t business compatible anymore. He reached OLD before I did and I’m older than he is…lol

User Info Menu

7/12/14 - saturday, day 9

Car still in the shop so I won’t have a driver this morning. He said maybe by early evening, whatever that means. I can get around taking route taxis but I made specific plans. The day is way too beautiful to fret about it so after breakfast and tidying up the room a little I pack my bag with beach gear. I’ll decide which one to go to once I reach the roadway.

Breakfast…cheese omelet again is what I requested. I love the cheese they use.

Was thinking Frenchman’s Cove but Boston beach is where I decided to hang out. I wanted to be around other people and I’m sure there will be plenty in Boston on a Saturday

User Info Menu