Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire at Search Mi Heart Guesthouse

User Info Menu

Fire at Search Mi Heart Guesthouse

User Info Menu

Re: Fire at Search Mi Heart Guesthouse

This is sad. It was a cute, intimate place. Glad no one was hurt.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Search Mi Heart guesthouse goes up in smoke after explosion

‘Search Mi Heart’ guest house goes up in smoke

DRAPERS, Portland — The four-bedroom 'Search Mi Heart' guest house (pictured here) was early yesterday morning destroyed by fire.

Italian visitor, Jeuseppe Sorrente, said he and the other occupants managed to grab their clothing and travel documents and rushed to safety after hearing an explosion.

"I was sleeping there and my girlfriend smelled smoke after which we heard a big boom and saw smoke coming into the room under the door so we opened the door and ran away, taking our bags," said Sorrente, who as well as his spouse, was among the four guests at the facility.

"... It is the fourth day of our holiday and we are lucky to be alive," said Sorrente, who said new arrangements would now have to be made to complete their stay. "The first think we took were our passports and clothes," he said.

The three other occupants, obviously shaken, declined to speak to our reporter.

User Info Menu

Re: Search Mi Heart guesthouse goes up in smoke after explosion

Name:  IMAG0342 copy.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  94.1 KB

doesn't look good at all

User Info Menu

Where is this located?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Where is this located?
    Drapers area of Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    Drapers area of Port Antonio
    Yeah I saw that, I was just wondering specifically (I realize Drapers isn't a big area). No big deal, just curious given the comment above.

User Info Menu

TAH, I may be a little off course, but leaving Port Antonio traveling towards Boston, I believe the little lane where the house was located is shortly passed Trident Castle on the left side. The house is very short walk down the lane; however a lot of homes continue back so there is a steady stream of people passing Search Me Heart to get to the road. This small sign is on the corner.

Search Me Heart is on the left where you see the pole with the white bottom. I never met the wife, but I saw Yellow Culture very briefly a couple of years ago. The wife’s niece and her husband were managing the house for 6 months when I toured it. Sweet couple from Italy. But they told me the owners would be returning to Jamaica from Italy two weeks from that day. She came back, but Yellow Culture didn’t. I know this because I was hoping to meet him and talk about possibly staying there. It was suggested I talk to Yellow Culture, not the wife.

User Info Menu

It was a very modest house with three bedrooms. The bedrooms weren’t cheap.