Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk me into The Beach!

User Info Menu

Re: Talk me into The Beach!

We will fill you in after our Thanksgiving stay at White Sands,We loved Ctacha but we really like the beach party and we have stayed AI for years and wanted something different.

User Info Menu

Ok. I'll give this a shot. Our first trip to Jamaica was just like yours. We booked a week at Catcha in Libra and fell in love with the property. We spent most of the time just hanging out on the cliffs and loved the relaxing atmosphere. Our only trips out of the gates were an excursion to YS and Appleton, one day on the beach, and a trip to the grocery across the street every other day. We had no idea what to do on our beach trip and ended up mostly hanging out in front of Margaritaville (no where close to real a 7 mile vacation). A year later we wanted to go back and I had been dedicated to learning more about Negril. I thought we should at least TRY the beach and with a little coaxing my girlfriend agreed to split time between the beach (SeaSplash) and Catcha. Our second day at the beach we met a couple much like us and ended up doing everything beach related with them. It was a blast and when it was time for us to move toCatcha we were sad to leave the beach behind. We enjoyed the hustle of the beach (the mangos from the fruit lady, haggling the lobser guys, sandy bars, etc) We woke up at Catcha the next morning and quickly found ourselves in a cab back to the beach to see our friends and enjoy one last day and in turn invited them to come see Catcha. They decided next time they want to "try out the cliffs" We spend the last two days of our vacation shaking off the hustle of the beach by relaxing on Catcha's rocks and came back totally relaxed. I will say that both trips were relaxing but the second was more fulfilling. We decided that for this year’s trip we will definitely be going back to the beach and may forego staying at the cliffs. I would have described myself as a "Cliffs Person" before last year. Now I say I'm more of a "Beach Person". My advice to you; Split your stay and book at least a couple of nights on the beach. If it is too loud and busy for you, you know you will have a relaxing second half of your trip. If you find that you are really a beach person you are always only a cab away.

Catcha '11

User Info Menu

If you love relaxing, I think Charela cannot be beat. The beach there is so beautiful. Plus, you have that same great amenity of having a stellar restaurant on site which you also had at Catcha.
    In Loving Memory of William 'Bunny Rugs' Clarke, Lead Singer of Third World:

"There's a land not so far away/Where the sun keep shinning all through the day/And this land that we all love/God gave us the wood and the water/Blessed by the moon and stars above/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Beautiful Jamaica/Everyday feels like a holiday/Sweet reggae music playing/From Negril to Morant Bay/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Oh Jamaica/Irie, irie, irie Jamaica/Sweet Jamaica our land we love"

User Info Menu

Charela Inn
    Name:  10525902_10152546567031628_3817963977192568045_n.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  97.9 KBName:  10530745_10152546526861628_4845468596564421046_n.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  43.5 KBName:  10300284_10152546526291628_1202826521938021062_n.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  84.6 KBName:  1621830_10152546526191628_3482785649977874149_n.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  95.5 KB

"There's a land not so far away/Where the sun keep shinning all through the day/And this land that we all love/God gave us the wood and the water/Blessed by the moon and stars above/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Beautiful Jamaica/Everyday feels like a holiday/Sweet reggae music playing/From Negril to Morant Bay/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Oh Jamaica/Irie, irie, irie Jamaica/Sweet Jamaica our land we love"

User Info Menu

JamaGinger - wow - beautiful pictures!!!

User Info Menu

Great advise everyone, thank you! Charela and Nirvana both look like good choices. Love the pics! Yes, I think we'll do a split. How early in advance would we need to book either place in order to get the best room?

User Info Menu

Nirvana is very small (there's only one owner's villa) and has many returning guests who have first dibs. I've booked as far as a year in advance to get the room and dates I wanted. email Lonnie at Nirvana (info on website) and she'll get back to you fast with available dates.

User Info Menu

If I were picking my most favored room at Charela, I would ask for the 3rd floor in the newer section. Away from the restaurant and quiet. Great views. You might have to book 2-3 months out, but you could get lucky with a shorter booking window.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Nirvana is very small (there's only one owner's villa) and has many returning guests who have first dibs. I've booked as far as a year in advance to get the room and dates I wanted. email Lonnie at Nirvana (info on website) and she'll get back to you fast with available dates.
    I have been looking at Nirvana for years, and thankfully due to a cancelled flight I was able to stay there with some friends and family in Dec. After my first hour on the property all the glowing reviews suddenly made sense. No restaurant, no bar, no problem. Best beach spot in all of Negril IMHO. The beach is deep and well protected and the security is first rate. The staff simply aims to please. Their cottages are a great value relative to your other options.

User Info Menu

Okay, so you asked someone to talk you into a place on the beach, so here goes. I say you call CoCo La Palm, request an ocean view suite for what date you need. I love CoCo but being a solo traveler I have drifted toward the White Sands.
    IMHO, CoCo is perfect for a couple, especially for an anniversary celebration. They have a great spacious beach, with lots of shade options if you need it. Quality security, two great pools, and a very private, wink, wink, hot tub for your late night relaxing. There is two bars, and a restaurant, also a snack bar on the beach, that have servers that will cater to your every need.
    The rooms are large and have everything you would need, large tubs, cable tv, hair dryers, great ac, large balconys, and they
    have room service. Its in walking distance of many restaurants and shops, and have a very friendly staff. Best in the
    West, that has awesome jerk chicken is right across the street. Friday night they have a live band on there beach, and the
    main bar has a happy hour from 5 to 7. As it is not to close to any music venues, you will find it quiet at night. However, since its located right smack in the middle of the beach , you are still within close proximity if you do choose to go listen to some late night music.
    There, how did I do ?