Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: we just exchanged currency

User Info Menu

Re: we just exchanged currency

JamaicaRob. Are you bearish on the Canadian dollar or just getting it done early?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    JamaicaRob. Are you bearish on the Canadian dollar or just getting it done early?
    doing it a bit at a time, so far we have changed 750 Canadian over to Jamaican, we normally go thru 1200 Canadian for 2 weeks, soon come

User Info Menu

You would have received $30,158 ish JMD for your $250 CAN IF you had waited to exchange in Negril. That's a difference of over $6,000 JMD, Mr. Smith could live almost a week on that kind of bank. You've converted $750 CAN, and wasted $18,000 JMD that could have gotten a couple of kids back to school including uniforms. Just sayin.
    Last edited by kim&betty; 08-27-2014 at 04:08 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kim&betty View Post
    You would have received $30,158 ish JMD for your $250 CAN IF you had waited to exchange in Negril. That's a difference of over $6,000 JMD, Mr. Smith could live almost a week on that kind of bank. You've converted $750 CAN, and wasted $18,000 JMD that could have gotten a couple of kids back to school including uniforms. Just sayin.
    Who is your accountant??? Just sayin

User Info Menu

I know you have that money under your pillow Rob. Sweet dreams !!!

User Info Menu

I have learned from recent experience that no matter what you do with your money, exchanges etc, someone on this board with criticize you and tell you what you are doing wrong and why. No matter how you handle your money, it's wrong in someone else's opinion.

I've learned to do whatever I would like to do with my money while in Jamaica and keep my mouth shut about it on this board. It makes life much simpler.

Respect!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    I have learned from recent experience that no matter what you do with your money, exchanges etc, someone on this board with criticize you and tell you what you are doing wrong and why. No matter how you handle your money, it's wrong in someone else's opinion.

I've learned to do whatever I would like to do with my money while in Jamaica and keep my mouth shut about it on this board. It makes life much simpler.

Respect!
    Well, in both this case and yours people were merely trying to help. I undrestand you not caring much about saving $100US over the course of your trip, but the thing is, in this case they're just handing the difference to a bank. Banks don't need to make any more than the fees they already do. If the op exchanged in Negril, at a cambio or atm then they could spread that money around Negril, rather than fattening the coffers of a bank.

User Info Menu

TAH, Check the exchange rates. Kim and Betty's figures are just plain wrong. Way out there! Latest exchange gives you 25,800j for 250 cdn. not 30158j. (XE.com) JamaicaRobs anticipation= Priceless!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    TAH, Check the exchange rates. Kim and Betty's figures are just plain wrong. Way out there! Latest exchange gives you 25,800j for 250 cdn. not 30158j. (XE.com) JamaicaRobs anticipation= Priceless!
    Well said, Dash. Let us know when you arrived in negril, would love to provide a great snorkeling excursion.
    Sunny regards,

Tanya

www.SunbabyBoatReviews.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Ahh, I didn't even give a thought to their actual numbers. My comment was half referring to a comment I had made to gregandkelly in another thread where they said they prefer to just use USD when in JA. I kind of mixed my thoughts in that reply, that's where my "save $100" remark came from (saving roughly 10% on local purchases using JA instead of US). Moving on...