Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: we just exchanged currency

User Info Menu

we just exchanged currency

we went to our bank and in 3 days our bank changed 250 canadian to 23950 ja, soon come

User Info Menu

Re: we just exchanged currency

already???

User Info Menu

Can't you just get a better rate at ScotiaBank ATM in Negril or at the Airport? rates must be the same at Airport ATM as ScotiaBank in Negril?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGuy View Post
    Can't you just get a better rate at ScotiaBank ATM in Negril or at the Airport? rates must be the same at Airport ATM as ScotiaBank in Negril?
    I've done it both ways, getting cash here 1st and using the ATM's in MoBay or Negril, and the difference really was negligible. There is no ATM at the airport that I've seen, certainly not a Scotia one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2nutz4travel View Post
    I've done it both ways, getting cash here 1st and using the ATM's in MoBay or Negril, and the difference really was negligible. There is no ATM at the airport that I've seen, certainly not a Scotia one.
    There is an NCB ATM in the taxi pickup area

Cap

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    There is an NCB ATM in the taxi pickup area

Cap
    Exactly David. And the bonus for me is that NCB doesn't add a transaction fee to my withdrawals. I always use NCB in Santa Cruz over Scotia for just that reason.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Schwab rebates ATM fees and no foreign transaction fees plus EXCELLENT customer service. I think Scotia ATM has raised to $5 for withdrawals with non-Scotia cards? No problem with Schwab, I get it back! Always take the collect call/direct dial number of your credit cards with you, as US/Canada toll-free numbers do not always work from Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    I think Scotia ATM has raised to $5 for withdrawals with non-Scotia cards?
    Wow. Really? That's not good. I think it used to be ~$3.00, right? Whatever the fee was, in the end the exchange rate at the Scotia ATMs were comparable to the cambios and slightly more convenient. I'll have to see how NCB compares when using my ATM card. A $5 charge may be a little too much, even thought I only withdraw money every 2 or 3 days.

User Info Menu

Jamaica Rob,
    Were you able to specify the distribution of the denominations...so many one hundreds, five hundreds etc ??

Papa

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    Jamaica Rob,
    Were you able to specify the distribution of the denominations...so many one hundreds, five hundreds etc ??

Papa
    yes, mostly 500 and 100s, thats what we prefer, soon come