Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need recommendation for cliffs hotel where a solo won't be hassled

User Info Menu

Re: Need recommendation for cliffs hotel where a solo won't be hassled

Quote Originally Posted by TrelawnyT View Post
    The most relaxing place I have stayed on the cliffs is Mirage. Now Le Mirage. There is no restaurant or bar, but it is very relaxing. The sister property is Charela on the beach. You can hang out there under the palm trees on the beach at Charela all day. No one will bother you there. Le Mirage has nice Big rooms with a fridge, great porches, balconies and shade down by the cliff side. Without a restaurant and bar, it is Very quiet. There are places close by to get food.
    I stayed at Le Mirage solo as well. Loved it. Great seaviews from every room. Very quiet and very safe. Right beside Tensing Pen for a fraction of the cost. The only reason I didn't suggest it is because there's no restaurant on property. Continental breakfast is supplied. I loved sampling the close by restaurants but I sensed you may want the convenience of staying on property when you choose. You can go next door to Tensing Pen very easily.

My condolences as well.

User Info Menu

The Sap Retreat would be great!

User Info Menu

Bringing this up again because with recent events in the West End, I'm kind of nervous about it. Now I'm thinking of staying at Sunset at the Palms (my sister and brother-in-law may want to go too), in which case the only issue is what I need to take the cremains to Negril, and whether I can discreetly bury the remains in the sand under a sea grape tree on Bloody Bay beach. I have the death certificate that has the cremation information right on it. I wonder if that is enough to pass muster with TSA. Now I haven't been to Jamaica since around 2009, so I don't know if it's still a breeze for US nationals to get through customs in Montego Bay, but last I went there the only possible issue might have been with TSA here in the US (though by the time I go, I will have Global Entry).

User Info Menu

Just put the urn in your checked baggage .

One in a million chance of a problem

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Xtabi, seaside cabin #5. Private patio, private access to the water. No hassles whatsoever...
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul,
    Wisdom is much better than silver and gold"
    The Legend

User Info Menu

If I were going solo, I believe Catcha would be a nice choice. The Geminie 1 and 2 rooms are cozy.a great restaurant . The bartenders are fun and a variety of people each evening . I would never feel out of place here traveling solo.

User Info Menu

I would go with Catch a Falling Star. No other place like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
    and whether I can discreetly bury the remains in the sand under a sea grape tree on Bloody Bay beach.
    I wouldn't imagine that you would have any trouble with this, unless it was on an AI section of Bloody Bay, in which case the staff may wonder what you are doing. Another option might be to hire a boat (like Famous Vincent) to take you out into sea and scatter the ashes. Of course this is a very personal decision, but going out in a boat might allow you some private time to reflect and memorialize your husband how you see fit. I'm sure Vincent and staff would be very respectful of this request.

User Info Menu

We visited the westender for our first time in april and the first thing my gf said to me was this is the perfect place to stay if you just want to relax by yourself and be left alone with no hassles from anyone. The property is very well kept and seems very safe and secure. We were showed a few rooms and they were wonderfull and we are considering staying there in the future. The only downfall for some would be that it is not really walking distance to anywhere but if you are just planning on a vacation to relax and do nothing i think it would be a great choice. Hope you find the place you are looking for and enjoy returning to beautyfull Negril.

User Info Menu

I am so sorry for your loss. My hubby and I stayed at Catcha after a very hard few months and when I tell you we didn't move, we did not move. And you know what, we didn't have to...they have terrific food/drinks and the wonderful staff took great care of us. We didn't have to be around anyone, no one bothered us, we just healed ourselves. One day we sat in one of the cliff "nooks" and one day we sat on the day beds and just watched the tides. My husband also treated me to a massage, I had it right on the porch, it was fantastic and private and just what I needed. I hope it works out that you go, heal, and are able to also enjoy. Catcha is a great place for it. Blessings.