Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need recommendation for cliffs hotel where a solo won't be hassled

User Info Menu

Re: Need recommendation for cliffs hotel where a solo won't be hassled

Zimbali Retreats? http://www.zimbaliretreats.com/ that place is heaven and the food is farm to table --- just enough to do up there - mostly relax and eat lol

and if you stay at Treehouse, Charela or Bar B Barn (on the beach) you will not be hassled (great security) and eat some of the best food and just get to watch the antics on the beach from your chair - Treehouse has Teddy cooking, BBB you can sit at the bar and eat (always meet interesting people) and Charela's dinner specials (3 courses usually) are fresh and different (cultural show there too)

please don't put yourself some where so quiet that it emphasizes your loss

sorry for your loss and prayers for your comfort
    Last edited by Seveen; 06-16-2016 at 08:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Idle Awhile Cliffs (Hide Awhile) has three gorgeous villas that overlook the sea as well as some smaller garden properties.

User Info Menu

I opt for Seastarr Inn....I am a female solo traveler and yet I don't ever feel alone or hassled at Seastarr. I can engage or disengage and it is always a good, relaxing, book reading time. They also have a driver on the property that is available to take you to and from the beach, etc. It is truly a family like atmosphere. Thank you.

User Info Menu

all of da Cliffs places are laid back and pretty private so not much of dem Rent a Dreads and higglers hovering around.....
    mi have stayed and visited all the places on the Cliffs.....and if mi had mi choice......mi go with Catcha first...
    just because it a classy place and has everything der....tuff to beat

but mi sure anything you pick would be great......enjoy your time here.....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Back to this again, hoping to do this in 2017. Having just returned from a beach vacation with my sister and brother-in-law, I am now more determined to do this pilgrimage to Negril ALONE. I just don't want to be with a romantic couple while I scatter or bury my husband's ashes. :-(

I'm also looking at Home Sweet Home, which looks like a similar property to Westender, only without being on both sides of the street and closer to other restaurants if I decide to venture out. Has anyone stayed there solo?

User Info Menu

I just returned earlier this month. stayed at Banana Shout which is directly aside of Catcha. Pretty sure this would be a good choice for you. I loved it for the location and conveniences nearby, eliminating the need for a taxi. Also loved the privacy and my stay had the place to myself most of the time since it was low season, which I highly recommend. If you are into high end, new and hotel like accommodations, this will not be for you. If you want a bit more rustic and truer to Jamaican housing, this would be it. There are several utube videos that show the grounds and cottages. If you go to their Facebook page you can see reviews and there is also good pictures under their listing at negrilonestop.com. The cottages all, except the treehouse, have kitchenettes. That would be a small fridge, sink, and hot plate. THere is also a gas stove, sink etc located in the outside kitchen which you can also use.The bathrooms are nice and roomy. Yes there is hot water and the pressure was great the whole time. The cottages are also screened and have mosquito netting if wanted for the beds. Ceilings fans only, no ac. You're own private porch with a hammock. The Dolphins view is the one I used which is closest to ricks cafe. The porch there offered an amazing view and was more private than the dolphin bay which sits on the Catcha side. Those two cottages are exactly alike, except for colors.
    There is a grocery store which carries about a thing you need and surprisingly reasonable prices just across the street about twenty yards down the road. Actually found their pricing cheaper than the Hilo in town! If you are into local cuisine, there is a cook shop across the street from ricks cafe wall, only about ten yards. It's called the T Bird / Mango Tree. The locals frequent, it is take out, and the food is amazing and not at tourist trap pricing. Meals available in small or large and priced from 4-8 us. Highly recommend. They also have a little bar and sell beverages. Anita, Joseph, Carlino are very nice people.
    If you are into shopping, again there are little souvenir ladies scattered within very short walking distances, a nice little shop along side T Birds.
    The staff at banana shout is small and you get to see the same two or three people everyday. Amoy runs the offfice. Plug is the groundskeeper and night security. Absolutely love him. He is a sweet older gentleman, a wealth of information and will see that you are taken good care of. He and I cooked together a few times. He will do shopping for you if you want! Barbara the housekeeper is also a very sweet lady. These people were honest and genuine.
    I just realized this has almost become a dissertation...lol. Look into this and if you want more feel free to inquire with me.
    This place would allow you the privacy you are seeking. You really would never have to leave the grounds if not wanted.
    Oh, almost forgot the shower in the cave down the steps! Great morning hangout!
    Last edited by Anabeth; 09-18-2016 at 01:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
    Back to this again, hoping to do this in 2017. Having just returned from a beach vacation with my sister and brother-in-law, I am now more determined to do this pilgrimage to Negril ALONE. I just don't want to be with a romantic couple while I scatter or bury my husband's ashes. :-(

I'm also looking at Home Sweet Home, which looks like a similar property to Westender, only without being on both sides of the street and closer to other restaurants if I decide to venture out. Has anyone stayed there solo?
    Check out Citronella. I love it there. Only 5 cottages there right on cliffs. You have a private staircase into the ocean with outdoor shower. No AC in any of cottages, but the fans work just fine for me. You get a key to the front gate. Staff will go out of thier way to take care of your needs. If you need something from the store it is very close by, or staff will gladly go for you. LTU resteraunt is right next door. All cottages have a fridge and coffee maker. Some of them have a full kitchen if you want to cook. I have not had Collette's cooking yet, but she will cook for you there and everyone says her cooking is great. Even if all the cottages are full, you will still feel alot of privacy. The staff can read your vibes very well and know when you want to be left alone. The views are amazing and it is very peaceful. I have stayed there about 8 trips now and going solo myself soon.

User Info Menu

Hard to get more relaxed than the Westender. Comes from being waaaaaaay out on the westend, but all the amenities you'll need.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

I appreciate all these kind responses! The thing is, my sister does not want me going alone; she wants to accompany me -- with her husband. But he would want to be on the beach. So already this is turning into what THEY want to do. So OK, I figured, let's go to SATP. It's quiet, I can either get a glass-bottom or catamaran ride out to sea and drop off a biodegradable scatter urn way out at sea. But now we're talking about like $3000 for me, since I'd have to pay double for a room by myself. And then I have to spend the time with a happy couple, which is not exactly what one wants when one is dropping the cremains of one's own husband of 30 years in a place he loved. I'm 61, so I would hope I am out of the gigolo demographic and indeed older than MOST of the Negril demographic. So this is why I would want someplace quiet and not a party place. If I could satisfy my sister and brother-in-law without spending a fortune, I'd rather. Otherwise I may have to just sneak off and hope for the best....or try to get someone to come with me when I'd really rather be alone. Because this is not a vacation trip, this is a trip with a single purpose.

User Info Menu

Go alone if you can, this is your cause, nobody else's. Take a three or four night trip. You will be happier if you do. You can go with family another time.