Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sandy Haven

User Info Menu

Sandy Haven

Looking to fill in the front half of our November trip and Sandy Haven has a good looking Groupon that will fit our 5 night gap. Anyone have experience there? Did a search here and didn't find much. Looks too good to be true for the groupon price.

Catcha '11

User Info Menu

Re: Sandy Haven

Wow. 125 views and no one has been? Looks like most of the bad reviews on trip advisor came from plumbing issues in March. Since then everything looks good. Assuming that's been cleared up and they are trying to rev business with the Groupon. Think we are going to pull the trigger on 5 nights at SH and 4 at SATP both groupon deals . Please warn me quick if y'all have negative experiences at either. I trust this group more than any trip advisor review! Thanks...

Catcha '11

User Info Menu

We stayed at Sandy Haven 10 nights during March right in the middle of the plumbing situation..Luckily had water, but just not hot.Some guests had no water at all.. We usually stay next door at CCLP, but it was full so we picked Sandy Haven.. Plumbing was the only issue,otherwise,clean,friendly staff,good food,nice rooms...Nothing extravagant, but nothing to complain about ...Only other complaint was our room was located right next to whirlpool which was open all night and attracted loud guests partying all night and management was not honest on plumbing issue-just kept saying they were working on it and should be fixed any minute..-...I wouldnt go back and pay full retail,but if you can get a competitive good deal on a groupon, would not hesitate...

User Info Menu

I had a main floor walk out ocean front room..room was as nice as I have ever stayed in in Negril..great beach..wasn't impressed by the crazy restaurant prices there but no big deal as I go to many different places..I would stay there again for the Groupon price but no way for the regular price..

User Info Menu

Say hi to Linton (rhymes with Clinton) at the bar for me!

User Info Menu

not my favorite on the beach..... Country country much better or CCLP. I had a groupon for sandy haven, every time I wanted to book, 'dates not available' then I finally booked my deluxe ocean view room, showed up, and they tried to put me in a garden room by the pool when I paid premium for an ocean view...soooooooo they were not nice about it, I didn't stay there, I called Groupon and complained and they refunded me the money. The issue I have with Sandy Haven is that they are trying too hard to be a 'boutique' hotel in Negril, and we all know Negril is casual...and laid back, they put out the wrong vibe. If you want a more upscale place, book Idle Awhile, which really is a boutique hotel without the attitude.

User Info Menu

I hate the place, mostly because it took over For Real hotel which I adored. When people tell you there is no VIBE there, believe them. I just had a guest to stay there who did not like it either nor did she feel safe because of an incident that happened with another guest.

That being said. I had a friend staying there and Angie and I went down to visit her there. We sent our driver to Miss Bucks for 3 dinners. When our driver returned Sandy Haven security informed him that they did not appreciate us bringing "outside" food onto their property. They have WAY too many rules of all sorts and the wrong attitude as far as I am concerned.

As for reviews, go to trip advisor and you will see many mixed comments about the place.

User Info Menu

Thanks so much to everyone who responded. We read so many reviews and it seemed that when things were good they were great but when they were bad the management had a large lack of respect for their patrons. This is not to start rumors or a debate. Just my overall feeling and hesitation after reading reviews. When I read others reviews about no outside food or drink on the property and the heated debate that ensued it was a red flag that perhaps we may not get along well at SH. We decided on treehouse simply for their service record and they were running the breast cancer charity. I can forgo "posh beach cabanas" for a unblemished service record, cool vibe, and a great cause that hits close to home for us.
    Last edited by InnaDiRed; 09-06-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Catcha '11

User Info Menu

GREAT DECISION, and thanks for asking BEFORE you booked rather than booking it and then coming in here asking folks how it is AFTER you have paid a deposit, which is a move I never understood.

User Info Menu

You will love Treehouse. Good choice for a good cause