Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Want to contribute to EDUCATION?

User Info Menu

Want to contribute to EDUCATION?

Greetings,

Rotary of Negril has partnered with a U.S. fiscal agent, One World Children’s Fund. To make a tax deductable donation go to www.owcf.org choose partners on the menu, choose Rotary of Negril, then choose donate. Easy three steps and you can use your credit card.

The primary goal of rotary in Negril is supporting education in the community. If you reside in the U.S., Rotary of Negril is now able to give you a tax deduction for your donation. All of the funds you donate are restricted to education programs and 100% of your donation is used for education. Rotary members are all volunteers and no one receives payment for their time and good works.

Your donation will go toward scholarships, uniforms, books, lunches, transportation. And you will know that you are joining Rotary in changing lives in Negril. Please take a moment and help us help others.
    One Love

User Info Menu

Re: Want to contribute to EDUCATION?

This sounds easy. I have friends who want to donate but don't want to send $ via Western Union or a bank. Thanks for this info! Can one designate how they want the $$ spent?

User Info Menu

Hi Westparish

I'll try to answer your question. The money donated with One World Childrens Fund is already restricted to Education. If someone wanted their donation to be used for scholarships as opposed to books, as an example, it would be fine to make that request, however we don't have the capacity to track funds by donor and request. The Rotary is all volunteer and to do that sort of bookeeping is beyond its capacity. I hope I am understanding and answering your question. If not, please send me a private email and perhaps we can chat.

Thank you for your interest and please know that you are welcome to a rotary meeting when you are in Negril.

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Re: Want to contribute to EDUCATION?

I had no idea the Rotary had a branch in Negril. I think the Rotary does great work and their reputation is stellar. Thanks for letting me know.

User Info Menu

When are your meetings? I looked at the link and great partner.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

I am not a Rotarian, but the Rotary Club in Negril are AWESOME! They have done, and continue to do so much! I have met many of them and they are awesome, dedicated and wonderful people - St Anthony's, Get the Kids to School, THE DONKEY RACES (08 FEB 2015, I believe) - their list of accomplishments is incredible!

Kudos to you all and kudos to you for working your "donkeys" off to find a way to contribute for people to contribute easily by partnering with OWC! "Make a hard life easy"

You might be very surprised what a morning at St. Anthony's - or a lunch time - will do for your spirit! Give it a go! You will experience something special!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by westparish View Post
    When are your meetings? I looked at the link and great partner.
    Thanks
    The Rotary meets every Thursday evening at Negril Escape at 6:30, guests are most welcome. The last Thursday of the month is their "social" . The socials meet at different restaurants in Negril, so check the website for locations. Hope to see you sometime soon!

User Info Menu

There's a small basic school in Sheffield (Gertie McKenzie ECI) that is in need of "Quiet Time Learning Toys" for their children -- ages 3 to 6. If anyone can help -- bring to a Rotary meeting OR drop off at St Anthony's Soup Kitchen for Rotary. This kind of donation would be greatly appreciated.