Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Hire

User Info Menu

Re: Car Hire

This covers costs to a third party in the event of an accident. In most states, it is illegal to drive a car without liability coverage. The rental car companies maintain liability insurance on their vehicles; however, some companies will charge for this, should you not provide your own insurance.

User Info Menu

re: "jojo p" fyi break ins are a non issue unless maybe if you leave your wallet on the seat in plain view . i say this because in over thirty years in 32 drives/trips around jamaica renting a car every time, not once have i experienced "a break in", so stop with the misinformation. get a car with a trunk.
    Last edited by saxa; 03-22-2015 at 04:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Island Car Rentals is the cheapest but put your patience cap on. The wait can be long; over an hour wait and all the other rental companies have no line ups. Its worth the wait for the discount though. Check out one stop vacations online, they sometimes can get good quote for you. Compare it at least to booking direct.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saxa View Post
    re: "jojo p" fyi break ins are a non issue unless maybe if you leave your wallet on the seat in plain view . i say this because in over thirty years in 32 drives/trips around jamaica renting a car every time, not once have i experienced "a break in", so stop with the misinformation. get a car with a trunk.
    Hmmmm... weird, I hardly remember replying to this quote...oh, I see, because it's seven months old.... Saxa, Please reread my post. What " misinformation" did I give?
    I pointed out that renting a car in another country could cause extra grief for someone with a possibility of break in or accident. It was food for thought.
    Good for you that you have rented a car 30 some times and have never had an incident.
    So have you ever been robbed at knifepoint on the beach....or had you room invaded..or maybe robbed on the street...no...so I guess that means that it hasn't happened to anyone else then??
    Yikes...think before you post..........okay pumpkin!