Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: part 3 from an old timer

User Info Menu

part 3 from an old timer

when it's time, i get Rihanna back to Auntie Pun, and go back to the beach. it’s almost time for Sunset. the mood on the beach at that time of day is not the same as earlier. the business of the day has come to a close and everyone becomes even more laid back.

Name:  IMG_0557.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  94.6 KB

sunset is an Event. everyone gathers for it including staff and other Jamaicans on the beach, many with cellphone camera ready to capture it. everyone is filled with anticipation and community.. and then, it happens!! awesome as always.

Name:  IMG_0764.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0554.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  34.8 KB

it's only my first day and I still have the Jamaican night ahead of me. I can't believe I have 13 more.

i wrote my story with hopes that maybe someone else might consider taking a special interest in the wonderful children of Negril, who have so little, but give so much in spirit. or spend a few hours helping out at the Kitchen. it will be the highlight of your trip.

those of you who continue to come back year after year have two homes and two families. i know every one of you know what i mean.

thank you boardies! Bless Up!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by sonja; 09-15-2014 at 12:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: part 3 from an old timer

That is a great Sunset picture thanks for sharing Sonja
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Sonja, our next reach, I think we are going to volunteer some time at the kitchen as well, I think that's a good thing to do, and slip into a reflective mood. Respect.

User Info Menu

that's great news, rockandroll. i'm sure you will enjoy it. and yes, slips you right into a reflective mood.. I think that's a good thing.

User Info Menu

Sunset pics are amazing. I absolutely love the second one. Keep the photos and commentary coming, it's all quite enjoyable.

User Info Menu

great pics
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

Great job,thanks for sharing Sonja!