Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drop in prices on beach

User Info Menu

Question drop in prices on beach

What is with the amazing prices and huge drop in prices on the beach for rooms in November?

User Info Menu

Re: drop in prices on beach

which hotel are you referring to?

User Info Menu

Filling beds and chairs in the off-peak season... its called business, and the model works no differently in Negril than it does in your neighborhood. If the price looks attractive, do your research, call the property, and go... why not take advantage?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lacdeloo View Post
    What is with the amazing prices and huge drop in prices on the beach for rooms in November?
    lacdeloo I so agree. We've been going now for about 8 or so years, and I'm paying much cheaper prices now than I did when I first started, and not just in November. I have only stayed at the
    same place once or twice over the years. A good special means we can go twice a year! I think it's great that the hotels are trying to fill up during slow season. The ones with the great specials are the
    ones that are filled!

User Info Menu

Which hotels r u talking about because I didn't get that great a price on the room but the air fare was amazing

User Info Menu

look at any Negril hotel.com or redtag for that matter the prices are really low ie Co Co La palm 39.00 $ and Negril palm 46.00$ just to name a few.

User Info Menu

we stayed at Negril Palms in April for $47 per night, Catcha Gardens last November - I think about 60 a night. This November we are staying at Merril's for about $100 per night for 2 of us AI. I can't believe
    your seeing CoCo that cheap - that would be an awesome deal.

User Info Menu

Looking back we did get Samsara last November for 65 a night for 2 and 59 a night in April at Sunset on the cliffs. This November we upgraded to Country Country soo looking forward to it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lacdeloo View Post
    look at any Negril hotel.com or redtag for that matter the prices are really low ie Co Co La palm 39.00 $ and Negril palm 46.00$ just to name a few.
    Where the world did you see coco for 39 a night. Do tell!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleNegril View Post
    Where the world did you see coco for 39 a night. Do tell!!!
    Keep in mind that these are likely "construction discount" rates. Looks like the prices go back to normal in November, after the construction at Coco is supposed to be finished.

Yeah, some of these low rates make me sort of jealous. The Wife insists on sea view rooms, and those are rarely discounted - in fact they command a premium price. Plus, we stay on the cliffs and most of these price drops are on beach properties. That's OK, I feel like we got a pretty deal on our upcoming trip the old fashioned way - I negotiated.