Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club MoBay advice

User Info Menu

Club MoBay advice

Hello Everyone,

Looking for a little advice/guidance... We're heading to Negril on the 29th (1:15PM Arrival in Mobay). Im wondering if club Mobay is worth the price. I don't mind spending the money but the Scottish in me doesn't like to waste money either . I admit Im not a big fan of crowds but can tolerate if needed. Since its still considered low season do you think Club Mobay is needed?

User Info Menu

Re: Club MoBay advice

Craig and Jen, If it is the 29th of this month, a Monday, probably not. Coming in shouldn't be that big of deal time wise. We have used Club Mobay 3-4 times. If you are coming in on the weekend during high season, then yes, I would highly recommend it. It is great having a gal there when you get off of the plane with your name on it. She will check your paperwork and get you through immigration very quickly and find your transportation. They have cold Red Stripe and patties on arrival. Going out, they have a really cool spot in the lower level with good food and all of the free drinks that you want. Plus Wi-Fi and TV's and waitresses. Try it in and out once and see if it works for yous guys. We love it and will spend the money again. Hell its vacation, love a little bit of luxury. You deserve it!
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

We just got back last week and in 2 words my advice is DO IT. Line coming in took a little over 2 hours to get thru and we did not have it, boy did we wish we would have. Going home lines were not real bad but it was so nice just blowing right past everyone, once we checked our luggage and checked in w/club mobay we were thru all lines and in their lounge in around 10 minutes, if that. Was awesome. I am so glad we got it for departure a few days into our trip. From now on we will always purchase for both ways, definite value in our opinion.

If you are staying at Seastar just ask Okema or Chris and they can make all arrangements for you, just one more great service offered by Seastar Inn.

Jamb

User Info Menu

Nike...just do it!

The CHICKSTER

tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/7;10731;405/st/20140421/e/Negril/k/19ca/event.png[/img]

User Info Menu

It's really a guessing game. The problem is on days where they aren't expecting many incoming passengers they lower the number of agents working. Last trip we traveled on New Years Day, figured it would't be busy and were correct. MoBay would have saved us no time at all. We did buy the departure service at the airport on the way back so we could use the lounge, but the time saved going through immigration was minimal. Prior trip arriving the Saturday before Christmas we saved 1 1/2 to 2 hours coming in.

User Info Menu

Has anyone traveled on Thanksgiving day? Curious if it was busy or not.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by damnhippie View Post
    I would think it would be fairly quiet.

User Info Menu

We are coming in around noon on March 14th. I'm thinking we will be crazy not to get the arrival service. We are already paying the extra for non-stop flights. An extra couple hours on the beach is probably worth the $100.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by damnhippie View Post
    I can tell you the Friday before thanksgiving, the rep told me "everyone" was working, as they expected it to be quite busy based on reservations.

Also, it's pretty cheap for a chance to be pampered from the second you get off the plane... And you will regret not getting it if there are lines.

User Info Menu

I used it in 2013 on a Saturday it was real nice you get in and out quick. Last year I came in on a thurs and I didn't use it and I walked right through. So I think its a risk you may pay and not get through much faster than the next guy or it could be totally worth it.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]