Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Country Country or Treehouse

User Info Menu

Re: Country Country or Treehouse

Quote Originally Posted by jesswade View Post
    Hello everyone, over the years I have ready many, many posts and have enjoyed each and everyone of them for a different reason. I loved the "favorite foods" post...can I give a big up to Bigga's for the soup (that is our first stop before the hotel) and 3 Dives - the Lobster and the view - is there anything better?!?
    We have been to Negril 3 times and stayed at an AI (not so good and could of been anywhere on the planet) and Catcha twice(LOVED IT!!!!) but this time we are trying the beach. The two that keep coming up are Country Country and Tree House. I like the breakfast included at Tree House and the pictures at CC are beautiful. Can anyone tell me similarities or pros/cons of each? Thank you!!!
    Yes Roundtrip Transfers ARE included And Cocktail party with a live band and snacks
    Groupon is A Great Deal !
    Free Movies and Football under the starsName:  image.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  94.1 KB
    Love to host you
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  75.5 KB
    Breakfast served until 11:00[ATTACH=CONFIG]38750[/ATTA
    Crowded Beach ?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  108.0 KB

User Info Menu

Love that 1st picture Gail, great shot

User Info Menu

Gail, I'll be there 5 nights into your groupon dates, but already booked elsewhere. One of these times the stars will align!

User Info Menu

i liked cc cottages, but the serve staff does not like to "serve" . . . i'd skip any deal at cc . . .
    none of my concerns were addressed by management . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    i liked cc cottages, but the serve staff does not like to "serve" . . . i'd skip any deal at cc . . .
    Our experience was quite different. Had no problems at all with the staff. That said, we prefer Nirvana due to the direct beachfront setting and full kitchen with cook service. Also prefer the location there further down the beach, along with Idle Awhile, Coco, Charela.
    Given a choice between TH and CC though, I'd take CC, the beach at TH just seems too small and crowded for my tastes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    It was hit and miss for me on both stays. Opal who worked the bar was a sweetheart both times and provided great service. A lady named Afrika was a different story. I also wasn't a big fan of Monique the GM who charged my card for the entire stay for two rooms when I was just putting a deposit down. Getting a refund was not as easy as it should have been. Besides that, most people who work their are good peeps who engage you and generally seem to enjoy their job.
    Now Nirvana is a step above. Outstanding service from EVERYONE. Will stay at Nirvana without doubt in the future and will probably still give Country Country another shot. I really like their stand along cottages as well as that area of the beach.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Friday nights till two was the only time I heard Margatiaville in my two stays, TH must get some being next door?
    I live on property in concrete buildings some noise minimal at best

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    It was hit and miss for me on both stays. Opal who worked the bar was a sweetheart both times and provided great service. A lady named Afrika was a different story. I also wasn't a big fan of Monique the GM who charged my card for the entire stay for two rooms when I was just putting a deposit down. Getting a refund was not as easy as it should have been. Besides that, most people who work their are good peeps who engage you and generally seem to enjoy their job.
    Now Nirvana is a step above. Outstanding service from EVERYONE. Will stay at Nirvana without doubt in the future and will probably still give Country Country another shot. I really like their stand along cottages as well as that area of the beach.
    "afrika" is a ringleader of bad service . . . when she is on shift, the food would stay at the window until i went to get it . . . monique was a piece of work . . . would not go back there if it was free . . .

User Info Menu

I am a Country Country lover. We have always stayed in the upper rooms nearer the beach. Interestingly I have found that the noise from Treehouse, music from boom boxes, crying children, is more of a disturbance than that from Margaritaville. We generally don't use the a/c so our windows are open and the bathroom windows face TH, not to mention the noise that can be heard while on the porches.

User Info Menu

Stayed at TH last year never had any issues with noise whatsoever, except maybe from our neighbour who fell asleep one night with TV turned on at max. Overall an excellent stay, clean room, friendly staff, security visible, breakfast buffet basically kept you going till supper except for the mandatory patties and fruit on the beach. Having a concerned owner on site is also a plus in my books.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”