Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Negril Newbies--so much to see and do!

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Newbies--so much to see and do!

I'd skip The Pelican Bar & opt for an afternoon at The Red Dragon (cold beer & jerk pork) instead ~~
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

If you want a great experience hit Peewee's about 9ish and have a couple. You'll meet some great locals. The best Rum punch around and always great reggae. Warning... your ability to walk straight might be compromised !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    If you want a great experience hit Peewee's about 9ish and have a couple. You'll meet some great locals. The best Rum punch around and always great reggae. Warning... your ability to walk straight might be compromised !!!
    I wouldn't say always great reggae. You never know what you'll get. I've been there on quiet nights. They seem to play whatever people want. They may even let you connect your ipod etc if you ask. Monday nights are usually open mic night. We spend a lot of time there since its just a short walk from BBC.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Where's Peewee's?

User Info Menu

Everyone travels differently, but if I was only going to be at a destination for a week, sand gravity would be the last thing on my list. While it is true nearly everything can be planned with just a day or 2 notice, it always pays to know what is available to do and see. For instance if you are only going to go the cliffs once to swim or snorkle, make it Rick's on a Saturday afternoon where you can swim, watch the divers then walk over to Seastar for the Saturday night buffet and concert. Killing 3 birds with one stone. Another great spot of culture would be a trip to the Sav market on a Friday or Saturday morning. How about sunday morning church service in Negril. A daytime walk up into Red Ground. Famous Vincent or another boat person to take you out to the reef....early in the AM is usually better. Mayfield Falls.....a bit closer than YS Falls and a totally different environment. Blue Hole is interesting and you can hang out there most of the day if you wish. Tired of the crowds on 7 mile? Head over to Half Moon beach and have the place to yourself. Horse back ridingat Rhoads Hall is fun. Lots to see and do, but it won't happen in a beach chair.
    BTW, Pee Wees is just past Blue Cave Castle and before Samsara, across from Ella Lane.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

I'm glad some people are lukewarm about Pelican. Def not in my top ten. You may find a catamaran (yam on)sunset cruise would give you a good look at Ricks. The Pub crawl is a must. Great way to introduce yourself to the west end cliffs. Seastar Saturday buffet reggae is fun. Drifters Friday and Sunday afternoon jam sessions are a blast. Mayfield and YS are different but each fun. Walk the beach and say hello to everyone on the rollcall list. Lots of boardies at Treehouse Jan. and Feb. if you feel like vegging on the beach bring a soft shell cooler. Treehouse has lots of ice or get a dirty banana at the bar. Oh jeez I'm daydreaming .... See you in January

User Info Menu

These are all such great ideas. Keep em coming!
    BTW--I was looking into a private transfer from Mobay airport to Treehouse and was quoted almost $300 for the two of us (Yikes)
    I have a shared transfer already scheduled for only $88 total back and forth for the two of us. Big difference.
    Do you go private or shared with your transportation? Is it worth it to go private?
    Not sure if it's worth the extra $200 bucks.

User Info Menu

You should be able to get private transfer round trip for 2 for $120.

User Info Menu

you can hire a private taxi right outside customs for 60 - 75 buck one way..lots of options but 300 is way out of line...
    BE A TRAVELR

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KKBoston View Post
    These are all such great ideas. Keep em coming!
    BTW--I was looking into a private transfer from Mobay airport to Treehouse and was quoted almost $300 for the two of us (Yikes)
    I have a shared transfer already scheduled for only $88 total back and forth for the two of us. Big difference.
    Do you go private or shared with your transportation? Is it worth it to go private?
    Not sure if it's worth the extra $200 bucks.
    $300 is crazy!! We use Luxurious Carib tours - they will charge you about $55 each way total for a private transfer. They are recommended here and on Trip Advisor.
    Great group of guys! They also do tours - we have newbies coming with us in November and we are scheduling with them to go to Mayfield falls.