Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril Palms accommodations...

User Info Menu

Cool Negril Palms accommodations...

Ok.... so we have reserved a deluxe room at Palms Negril in April, but I'm having a difficult time finding information that compares their deluxe rooms to their standard rooms. I'm also reading on some older posts here that there are (or were) accommodations across NMB from the beach that are part of this property. It also seems that on the beach side of NMB, there are some newer accommodations that have been updated, and some new rooms.

We don't have great expectations of this property, or even high expectations. The objective is to stay at a place that has a comfortable, secure room with a king bed, on the beach, with access to restaurants, bars and groceries. But can anyone who's been to Palms give us a feel for what the deluxe rooms are like, and if they will meet our basic expectations?

Oh... and by the way, we'll be there during the week of the Boardie Bash. This will be our first non-AI experience and we're hoping all works out so that we can feel confident in staying at any number of different establishments along the beach, and perhaps the cliffs, in the future.

As always, THANKS!

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Palms accommodations...

I stayed there in a deluxe room a couple years ago. It should meet expectations if they are not to high. The place is secure and room was clean. Pool can be green sometimes. But ocean is 20 feet away.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    I stayed there in a deluxe room a couple years ago. It should meet expectations if they are not to high. The place is secure and room was clean. Pool can be green sometimes. But ocean is 20 feet away.
    Thanks, takinitslow... can you tell me if the deluxe rooms are away from the road, or if they are in the interior of the property, or closer to the pool?

User Info Menu

OOurs was half way between pool and office which blocks the road restaurant is between rooms and pool
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I stayed in one of the deluxe rooms two years ago and they were actually quite nice.

All of their rooms are on the beach side I thought. That's where we stayed. We were on the second floor and the room was quite large and comfortable.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

We were they this past April in a standard room. The room was actually quite nice. The only difference I actually heard about were the deluxe had wooden door/slats and we had a sliding door.

I think the grounds and rooms were nice, staff so so. The only thing I would advise you to check is the door. We had problems with the lock, you could get in with anything (ANY key, screwdriver etc) and
    another guest had the same complaint. We ended up have to set the security lock and use the back door the entire time we were there. We also were very disappointed with the air condition, never quite cooled down. But, I must say for the price I was pleasantly surprised. We never ate or drank on property - their prices were very high, and so many great place to eat and drink.

User Info Menu

Thanks to all for the help... I feel much better about our expectations for this property now.