Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtabi is an X for me

User Info Menu

Xtabi is an X for me

I am sure that under the circumstances this comes under the heading of one of those things, but I am mad as hell. I chose Xtabi for my final farewell dinner. I called earlier in the evening and spoke with Donna explaining to her that I wanted a romantic table for two.
    When we got there a little after 5 the place was crawling with loud happy British people jumping off the cliff and feeling no pain. One jumped off in her clothes. Unfortunately our romantic table was in between them and the view of their friends jumping so they just rolled over us. Later they apologized for ruining our evening . I was to learn that they were on Linfields famous Pub crawl, so I told them I understood. This was their 3rd stop so I am sure they were feeling no pain by now.
    In the meantime we had been there well over 30 minutes and there was no water, no menu, no service. It was not until the pub crawl people left that any one tried to give us any service and attention. Much, much later our cooked to order meal arrived. In the meantime I had two excellent Cosmos and Chris had beer.
    I must say that the seafood medley I ordered was excellent and I was especially impressed with how the lobster in it was cooked and presented. HOWEVER, I would advise any couple eating there, order one at 30.00 a whop and ask for two plates because it is more food than you can eat. The soup was just ok but it was accompanied by some excellent yeast rolls, something you do not often see in Jamaica.
    Couple this with the gorgeous sunset view and then the quarter moon rising and the stars and I am digging this place…… until everything fell apart.
    I am on the last day of my trip, funds gone , so I went somewhere I could use a credit card. The waiter returned with my bill and card to inform me that their machine was down. I told him I by no means had 100.00 in cash at this point (yep the bill was that much). He suggested that I leave and go to an ATM and get the cash. No can do, I get paid on the 30th and there is no cash in there until tomorrow WHICH WAS WHY I PICKED SOMEWHERE TO EAT TONIGHT WHERE I COULD USE A DAMN CREDIT CARD. DUHHHHHHHH. Then he suggested that I go get a cash advance on the card. NEVER DONE THAT IN MY LIFE. Do not even know the secret number to the card to do it because the interest rates on cash advances is off the roof.
    So they ended up taking my driver’s license from me (what if I had not brought it?? ) , and now I have to PAY A DRIVER to take me back over there at 8 in the morning and then get back home and ready to get into a van to the airport at 9. They RUINED my final night in Jamaica. I am mad as hell, and they will ruin my final morning tomorrow morning. I got all of my business and cleaning out of the way so I could have a calm smooth exit from Jamaica tomorrow and say my goodbyes to the people I love, instead I will be running around back to the cliffs because THEIR machine does not work.
    Never eating at this place again . Case Closed.
    So I went to Xtabi this morning at 7:30, a bit early, but the bartended/waiter from last night was there. He in turn went and got Donna to open the front desk. They ran the card again and their lines were STILL DOWN. What do we do now???
    Miss Donna said I must go get cash. I said NO. I went to the car to leave and the she stood in front of the car to block us. I got back out and she then got on the phone with the "bonk:. Many holds later she finally comes up with the old fashioned slide and print machine and takes the impression of my card. I sign it and go to leave. She says I must stay until it is approved. A gardener or whatever appears and whips out his cell phone and says if I try to leave (now mind you , you have my credit info and signature so why do I now need to stay???) that he will call the police.
    Out the car I came and told him "Good call them because I want to talk to them myself!!!!!!!" He says no I will only call them if you try to leave. So I am held hostage while she is on the phone. Eventually they let her know that I have 17,000 US credit on the card so I guess I can pay for a little 94.05 dinner.
    I then ask for the owners name and number and the names of all involved in this incident. The number she gave me goes right to voice mail and calling the resort he is not there.

User Info Menu

Re: Xtabi is an X for me

You seem like a very nice person.

User Info Menu

Thanks Tah I think I am , I try to be, but they pushed me too far

User Info Menu

I was treated like a criminal because THEIR Cable and Wireless connection was down

Administrator

User Info Menu

Um, it is no longer Cable & Worthless. People tend to call them sLIME now.... (grin)

And Xtabi was powerless to change the fact LIME was down, your real gripe should be with them, not Xtabi. The staff was having to deal with the same problem. Going beyond their duties can get them fired. Not everyone has us$17,000 on their card card and apparently there was only one way for them to check.

Do you have any idea how many times I have had to deal with C&W/LIME's service or lack thereof? If I had a dollar for each problem I had with them, I would have been rich decades ago!!!! Lol

What do they call this, Murphy's Law.... what can go wrong, will...

Hang in their Misti....

http://www.my-island-jamaica.com/int...negrilcom.html
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Sorry Mr. Rob but I do understand the power of the line being down, but somehow they need a plan for this and hope they do so in the future and do not treat someone with almost 20,000 US credit as though they are trying to steal a 94.00 dinner

User Info Menu

AND when I give you what you need and you threaten to call the POLICE on me, that is OK???

User Info Menu

Sounds like you were there fairly early for dinner if the crawl was on its 3rd stop,people tend to have fun in jamaica ,especially at a place like xtabi,it's kinda known for its cliffs,the lack of service is surprising,but it's also the peak slow time I believe,I'm sure they were bare bones, one of the bar guy once told me ,some September days they don't get a single person in the place.im a xtabi person so my post may seem a little defensive,but actually it sounds like you had a good dinner,just unfortunately bad timing as far as crawl was concerned,don't let this spoil the vibe,run down to Jenny's she'll cheer you up

User Info Menu

Third stop on the pub crawl and people are getting no pain? It's usually the seventh stop before I'm feeling no pain.

Even though people on this board often give me crap for saying it, it bears repeating. I only use cash in Jamaica and have never had a problem like this.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I've eaten there twice and both times was disappointed. The restaurant there is very over rated in my opinion. Also, since they took a hard copy of your card be vigilant for fraudulent purchases on that card.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4