Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: With the ebola scare, are you traveling ?

User Info Menu

Re: With the ebola scare, are you traveling ?

FAUX News...Setting standards so high you could trip on them.

Respect

Kirt

User Info Menu

The Jon Stewart clip was hysterical Booger. Thanks for sharing. Starting my day off with a good belly laugh.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hussyband View Post
    Chris B. Well said.

I'm still going. The trip will have a positive affect as well. There's no tv where we stay, so I will not have non stop coverage of the issue all day. I'll just watch the waves, and if I come back to a world gone mad, at least I will have spent a lovely holiday in negril.
    Agree with you hussy I am still going leaving 3 weeks from today and can't wait!!!
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

Keep in mind that you need to be in contact with an infected person's pathogens (bodily Fluids, excretions etc). Merely being in the same room\Plane with someone doesn't pose much of threat. The infection rate of Ebola is less then that of AIDS. While Ebola is transmitted easier then AIDS, the means of contracting it are similar in that you need to have "intimate" contact with an infected person. The good thing is that a person infected with Ebola will show flu like symptoms. As long as you don't share subs, have sexual relations, come in contact with vomit or fecal matter, blood etc you're fine. A sneeze in an airplane won't do it unless that person sneezes in your face.

As far as closing boarders, It makes sense for small nations like Jamaica to impose bans but for the US to do so could make matters worse as others have pointed out. It's better that we be able to screen and track people coming and going rather then them traveling "under the radar".

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I think it would be best to try and avoid the washroom of an airplane as much as possible. It seems to me if you are going to be exposed to body fluids, that could possibly be the place. I'm not sure what the alternative to this might be- adult diapers? just kidding, but maybe not

User Info Menu

I'm holding my breath the whole flight.