Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril Escape - or other suggestions

User Info Menu

Negril Escape - or other suggestions

I typically have stayed at Negril Escape in early February during the Bob Marley Birthday Celebration week because (1) the rates are decent, (2) they have a pool (which is important to a friend of mine who doesn't like to swim where he can't stand) and (3) they included breakfast. Over the past several seasons it has become increasingly run down. I still love the property and the staff, but I might start looking at alternatives. I really think the lack of the concerts have hurt the place.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something similar to Negril Escape as far as atmosphere, accommodation and price? I prefer the cliff, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Escape - or other suggestions

I agree with you about the condition of Negril Escape. The rates are cheap, but they are cheap for a reason. A great alternative would be Home Sweet Home. All of the rooms have been recently updated, and you get all the same amenities as Negril Escape (you have to pay for breakfast, but I always thought the free breakfast at NE was kind of weak). Plus, HSH is closer to MX3 where the Bob Markey Birthday Bash is being held.

During high season, you can probably get a standard room for less than $99. I know the advertised rates are higher than that, but those prices were set by the previous owners, and the current owner (Charlie) will give you a better deal if you contact him directly.

If you don't mind staying across from the cliffs, you can get a decent rate at Seastar or Catcha Gardens. Both places get positive reviews.

User Info Menu

thanks mike D

User Info Menu

I agree with Mike D, Seastar and Catcha Gardens are both great choices.

User Info Menu

I would highly recommend CFSG. Really nice rooms, pool, LTU across the street and the price is quite reasonable. The staff is great as well as the resort dogs. Seastar is also quite nice but is further away from the sea. Don't think you could go wrong with either. Good luck and have a great time!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

we have stayed in seastar great food great pool and near everything

User Info Menu

ive been looking at the place owned by ms. mae....next to pushcart as an option for a few nights on the cliffs next reach.....its near several places to eat and you can access both cove and joesphs cave thru cave on maes property across from pushcart....think the place is called alvygail or something like that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onthecorner View Post
    ive been looking at the place owned by ms. mae....next to pushcart as an option for a few nights on the cliffs next reach.....its near several places to eat and you can access both cove and joesphs cave thru cave on maes property across from pushcart....think the place is called alvygail or something like that
    Yes! This place has intrigued me, as well. I believe it is called Alvynegril:

http://alvynegril.com/

Looks like a simple guest house, without a whole lot of amenities. A nice room at a good price.

User Info Menu

I stayed at Escape a couple years ago, and the staff was great, food was OK, but I also found the place needing some work I've since moved to The Mirage and it was pretty good. Nice rooms, nice pool, Nadine the manager is a great person. Continental breakfast beside the pool was good too.

User Info Menu

Home sweet home is fantastic, great vibe, stafff, views, snorkeling,security,and Charlie the owner is A1. We enjoy the entire area, walking to Jenny's, No Limit, PeeWees, fruit and veggy stand, store, Samsara for happy hour, can't wait to return. cheers!