Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Coco La Palm Room Questions

User Info Menu

Coco La Palm Room Questions

Am considering staying at Coco La Palm and I have questions about the rooms.

It looks like the standard rooms do not have any type of balcony or patio. Is that correct? Where are these located on the property? Are they 1st floor or 2nd floor?

Am I correct that the deluxe rooms have patios? Are any of these 2nd floor?

Which rooms are close to the beach? I imagine the beachfront are right there but don't think I can afford that?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best type of room to try and get? I want to be as close to the beach as possible (doesn't everyone?)

Thanks for any suggestions!

User Info Menu

Re: Coco La Palm Room Questions

The Jr. Suite is very nice, the one my friends were in, was on the second floor overlooking the courtyard pool. Big deck, but not facing the beach. Its nice to be able to see the beach all the time, but I enjoyed the beautiful courtyard with all the tropical plants and flowers. The coco website has a good map and great pictures of the rooms.

User Info Menu

The standard rooms are gone now due to the construction, I think.
    The deluxe rooms are ground floor with a small patio space, not covered.
    The superior rooms are ground floor and have a covered patio.
    The junior suites are 2nd floor and have a patio, not covered.
    I would go with a superior or a junior suite.

User Info Menu

Check out negrilonestop.com for some pictures and info on CCLP

User Info Menu

I agree with Lorax2. And the superior rooms have counter sinks and a small dining room table.

User Info Menu

Agreed - I'd go for a Jr Suite or a Superior room. The Superior rooms are the only ones with a covered patio, you rarely see anyone sitting on the Deluxe rooms patios. Should note that the Superior rooms have 2 queen beds, Deluxe have 1 king, JR suites have either 1 king or 2 queens. You don't say when you're going, but if after December, the new rooms should be completed. If so, the ones on the ground and 2nd floor have no balcony, the ones on the 3rd floor have a large uncovered balcony, I believe they'll all be standard rooms, but not positive.

User Info Menu

If you're traveling solo, the deluxe room is just fine. If you can afford a superior, it would be larger and nice to have a covered balcony. I believe the 400 & 500 blocks are closest to the beach. All room types in every block (except for standard).

User Info Menu

Next questions:
    1. Someone here was writing about a map of Negril that was absolutely necessary. Where do I find this map?
    2. Where is a cambio with good rates that is close to Coco La Palm?
    3. Where would I find a good grocery store close by?

User Info Menu

This is the link to the 2011 map, it's a little outdated, but will give you a good idea. http://www.talkofthetownnegril.com/N...ap_2_15_11.pdf
    Keep in mind that it's not to scale, pay attention to the km markers on it.

We never use a Cambio, (we wd from the ATM's), but I believe there's a Cambio near Bourbon Beach that a lot of folks use... I'm sure someone will be able to help you out with that.

Good grocery store - there is a small store accross the street from Coco - Mikey's. He carries beer and a few other items. A little ways towards town is Shamrock Grocery, they have more of a selection and great freshly squeezed oj. We typically just take a cab into town to the HiLo or Quality Traders when we need supplies.

User Info Menu

Yeah... you've gotta have the map. I don't have the link, but someone will come across with it, and then you'll have the answer to questions 2 & 3.