Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 3-week accommodations?

User Info Menu

3-week accommodations?

Hello, I've been to Negril several years ago for a week, and I'm going back for 10 nights, leaving next saturday. We are staying at Nirvana, not the cheapest I know. Its been a few years since a proper vacation and we wanted to splurge a little on the room. But I am already planning out my next trip Next time I would like to stay in a cheaper accommodation(on the beach) where I can afford to stay for ~3 weeks or so in the winter. The business I'm in, work slows down in the winter so I have the time off for a multi-week trip. Are their any specials for multi weeks on the beach? If not can anyone recommend a cheap accommodation or two to look into? Has to be on the beach. Thanks in advance!!! Randy

User Info Menu

Re: 3-week accommodations?

Not likely to see many "specials" during the high season (winter), but you might be able to find some relatively inexpensive options... Negril Palms, for example, and I'm sure there are others. Check the "Hotels" tab at the top of the page....

User Info Menu

Travellers, BarB Barn, Sunquest Cottages, White Sands. $120/night or less.

User Info Menu

I agree, not the time of year to look for a big bargain, sorry. The other problem is regulars book "their place" up to a year in advance. But try Bar B Barn. WAYYYY down the beach, but check with a place called Our Past Times, and also check out Yellow Bird

User Info Menu

A little late to start planning for a winter trip I guess, but I want to wait to pull the trigger until after our 2nd trip coming up so I can check out some of the properties while I'm there to help make the next decision. About the specials, I mean more in the sense of a discount if you book it for 3 weeks straight. I understand now what you mean with the high season, combined with people way ahead of me in reservations, there probably will be few and far between deals. Also I think I like the idea of splitting up where I stay during the time so that negates any long-term discount anyway, I was just curious.

I will research all the places you've all mentioned and be sure to check them out while I'm in Negril. I'm sorry if is seems like I'm trying to avoid doing my own research but I have been doing a ton and I just really appreciate input some some well-seasoned travelers to the area, and a lot of your responses give me more material to research so thanks! I'm not looking for real bare-bone accommodations nut on the other hand I want to be able to afford to stay as long as I can(sure many can relate). Thanks again. Randy Back to the Island on Saturday!!!

User Info Menu

Hi. Try point village. The owners have a website or check with manager Gloria Bonsu. I also know that Angela at Barbibarn will do discounts for extended stays.

User Info Menu

The Yellow Bird is a very quiet & relaxing place to be, though rustic.
    We are at walking distance from most restaurants, activity points and right on the beach.
    Lets know your dates and we'll accommodate you in the best possible way.

www.ybird@theyellowbird.com
    1 876 957 4252
    facebook: the yellow bird

Have a great dayName:  YB Almond Arch.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  30.2 KB

User Info Menu

There are LOADS of places to stay on the beach and I've managed to get last minute accommodations more than once even at my favorite place in my favorite room. I was on TA (bored at work lol) and checked out all the hotels starting with the lowest price first. There are tons of places that never get mentioned here. You'll find something. And then that'll be your special spot.