Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Long term rental in Negril

User Info Menu

Question Long term rental in Negril

Hi All!!

I took a job offer in Negril and will be moving there next month.

I hope somebody can tell me how much am I expected to spend in rent for an apartment in a gated area, one or two bedrooms, small kitchen. I believe my company will help me find a place but I am worried about the real expenses I will have once installed and also would like to choose a convenient location. I will be working on the beach area.

Any insight will be appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Long term rental in Negril

Hi Ilcornalito

The only gated communities in Negril at this time would be Point Village & Little Bay Country Club. There are a handful of properties around town that offer fenced in locations but don't offer manned security.
    Rental rates will be dependant on the length of time you will be staying and your location. One or two bedroom apts can run anywhere from approx. $400us monthly to up over $1000us monthly...some places will include utilities like your water and current but most do not. Your employer will know the area & should be able to get you a better rate.

On a side note & only because I've seen many people have issues working here...if you're not Jamaican, make sure your company has all your paperwork in order before you arrive.

Congratulations on your move to Negril!

User Info Menu

Re: Long term rental in Negril

Thank you Bnewb! I will make sure about the papers!!