Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everybody likes pictures

User Info Menu

Re: Everybody likes pictures

That restaurant looks like MI YARD.
    I think its closed for renovations.

User Info Menu

Wow nice pictures

User Info Menu

Nice

User Info Menu

awesome pics!!

User Info Menu

Thank you for the pics!!!! Missing Negril a lot!! counting down till Feb.

User Info Menu

WOW the water was really high and ruff.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Very nice photos!!!! Negril has grown so much over the years, I remember my first visit in 1975 it was a sleepy little village, the JA dollar was worth 1.25 USD. I used to camp out in a tent and stayed with Miss Gloria right on the beach about a quarter or a mile from the center of town. Cost me like $3 USD per day to pitch my tent. Rick's Cafe was there (much smaller version than now) but otherwise the West End was undeveloped. On the beach Hedonism (Negril Beach Village back then) had not yet been built. The only hotels were the Sundowner and Coconut Cove, T-Water cottages and the Negril Beach Club. You could walk the entire beach from the river in town to the island at Rockland Point (I used to run it and then jump in the water to cool off, awesome workout). There were back then maybe one or two motor boats, all the others were hand made fishing boats. The water was so clean and the beach beyond words. I know Negril is still really beautiful but back in the days it was really heaven on earth!!!Name:  Grounded.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  45.2 KBName:  Sailboat Sunset.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  28.9 KBName:  Sunset.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  43.8 KBName:  Toward Town.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  63.6 KBName:  Towards Rockland Point.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  44.6 KBName:  Walking the beach.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  57.4 KBName:  White Sand.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  63.3 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Donna View Post
    WOW the water was really high and ruff.
    It was, I'm glad we started on the cliffs that trip otherwise our room would have been soaked during the ruff seas. We could see the sea hitting the cliffs from the beach and splashing way up high above all the buildings. Here is a pick a day after the really ruff stuff at xtabi. You can see the ladder was torn off. The waiter said waves where splashing 20-30 feet or more.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by damnhippie; 10-24-2014 at 08:31 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    That restaurant looks like MI YARD.
    I think its closed for renovations.
    Thanks, too bad though. Any idea how long they will be closed?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Very nice photos!!!! Negril has grown so much over the years, I remember my first visit in 1975 it was a sleepy little village, the JA dollar was worth 1.25 USD. I used to camp out in a tent and stayed with Miss Gloria right on the beach about a quarter or a mile from the center of town. Cost me like $3 USD per day to pitch my tent. Rick's Cafe was there (much smaller version than now) but otherwise the West End was undeveloped. On the beach Hedonism (Negril Beach Village back then) had not yet been built. The only hotels were the Sundowner and Coconut Cove, T-Water cottages and the Negril Beach Club. You could walk the entire beach from the river in town to the island at Rockland Point (I used to run it and then jump in the water to cool off, awesome workout). There were back then maybe one or two motor boats, all the others were hand made fishing boats. The water was so clean and the beach beyond words. I know Negril is still really beautiful but back in the days it was really heaven on earth!!!
    Nice, those are some good shots. Can't wait to get back there, this will be my second trip.