Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Park Sleep Fly at Chicago Midway?

User Info Menu

Park Sleep Fly at Chicago Midway?

We are leaving out of Chicago Midway airport this December. The park, sleep, fly packages out of Midway are a lot more expensive than our previous experiences when flying out of Ohare.

Does anyone have any advice? We are driving from northern Wisconsin (about 5 hours) so would really like a park, sleep and fly.

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Re: Park Sleep Fly at Chicago Midway?

We are doing the same in January. Usually fly through St. Louis but can't beat the price on Southwest. Here is what I recommend after doing some research. We like the Marriott properties. There are 3 within a short distance of Midway, however they all charge $15.00 dollars a day to park (and the rest of the hotels brands close to the airport). I found the Burr Ridge Marriott is the same price, has a shuttle to Midway and don't charge to park. You will be about 15 minutes to the airport instead of 3 minutes. The hotel will give you free breakfast if you ask nice, it worked for us. Worth it to us.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...at-burr-ridge/

I have heard that this hotel will work also but gets many bad reviews.

Have fun, Phil

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-burr...illinois-IL379
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Burr Ridge to the airport is more like a half hour to 45 mins . Plan accordingly.

User Info Menu

personally I would chose Burr Ridge even though it is further. Not sure if I'd trust leaving my car for an extended time in a hotel lot anywhere near Midway. We have left our car in a pay lot near the airport and did not have a problem but it was gated and I think the security much better.
    Last edited by NoWorries4 me; 10-24-2014 at 08:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you for your help! Love this board and people willing to help

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

It appears all the hotels near Midway are owned by the same conglomerate and they fix prices at an artificially high level. Anything beyond a couple of days and it's cheaper to stay further away and use long term parking at the airport. There's really very little in the immediate area of Midway except for the one block of half a dozen or so hotels that appear to be commonly owned. My wife's family is from the area and we've had to deal with this for years. There just are no good options.

(When they first started to build those hotels, you could still find good deals. But I think they figured out they had a captive audience and by the time the whole project was halfway finished they were already charging as much as the market would bear.)

User Info Menu

We just flew out of Midway in Sept and decided to priceline a room (got one of those "conglomerate" hotels for $55/night) and used the long term parking, which was gated and in a ramp. The long term lot shuttle was right there and took us door to door - worked great and was a lot cheaper than the park and fly!