Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril Palm Hotel

User Info Menu

Negril Palm Hotel

Hello Negrillers!
    Can someone tell me about Negril Palm hotel, I have a short trip in Feb. and I haven't been able to find an available room at my favorite hotels so I have to try something new and I saw this hotel with available rooms although I'm a little bummed it's at the boring side of the beach..HaHa!IMO.

Must Haves: Clean room, Ocean view, Coffeemaker, WiFi & Balcony/Patio... am I headed in the right direction booking this hotel?

Thank you!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Palm Hotel

We're reserved there for the third week of April, and we did that at the recommendation of friends who walked it down last year. They said is was clean, and that there was work going on. I understand they retiled the pool lately, and did some work on some of the rooms. Another friend is 'pon d'beach this week, and said he'd try to walk up that way to take a look. No word from him yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    Hello Negrillers!
    Can someone tell me about Negril Palm hotel, I have a short trip in Feb. and I haven't been able to find an available room at my favorite hotels so I have to try something new and I saw this hotel with available rooms although I'm a little bummed it's at the boring side of the beach..HaHa!IMO.

Must Haves: Clean room, Ocean view, Coffeemaker, WiFi & Balcony/Patio... am I headed in the right direction booking this hotel?

Thank you!
    IrieChic We stayed there in April. Very clean, most rooms will not have a view. The rooms go down a walkway on both sides. No coffee maker and if you want a frig it's $10 per night. The grounds are beautiful, but we did have some issues with our room as did other guests. Air did not work properly and we had a lock that did not work on the sliding door. We ended up bolting it and leaving and entering from the back door.

Wifi was awesome, they had a tower so that was one really big plus. Food and drinks were expensive. We did not eat or drink at the bar the entire time we were there, but plenty of places close by. Juicy's a next door.

For the price (about $45.00 a night) it was hard to complain, but with a little work I could see it being a very nice place.

Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mamade11 View Post
    IrieChic We stayed there in April. Very clean, most rooms will not have a view. The rooms go down a walkway on both sides. No coffee maker and if you want a frig it's $10 per night. The grounds are beautiful, but we did have some issues with our room as did other guests. Air did not work properly and we had a lock that did not work on the sliding door. We ended up bolting it and leaving and entering from the back door.

Wifi was awesome, they had a tower so that was one really big plus. Food and drinks were expensive. We did not eat or drink at the bar the entire time we were there, but plenty of places close by. Juicy's a next door.

For the price (about $45.00 a night) it was hard to complain, but with a little work I could see it being a very nice place.

Hope this helps.
    Mamade - Were they aware of all the issues? or you all just dealt with them?

I would bring my own coffee maker and a ocean view is not a huge deal but no AC that's a deal breaker! Lol
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

They definately were aware of the issues, and were very nice and tried to fix them. We had maintenance in 3 times the 1st hour, we tried to move but they claimed no other rooms. He did get it to work, but we had to keep it on 24-7 to keep the room cool.(which I hate to do in Jamaica or anywhere else) If we shut it, it would take HOURS to cool the room down. Same with the lock, he replaced parts, but didn't have the one he needed.. And, they do have a small but nice section of beach with umbrellas. Staff was hit or miss....Maintenance and housekeeping were awesome, security and beach staff so so. (meaning friendliness) IMO

If you do stay, just really check your lock. You could not really tell it was broke, but my bf thought it felt loose, it could be open with anything - screwdriver, key, etc.... But there is another door to use or I would not have stayed in that room.

User Info Menu

Ok Thanks again Mamade for all the info!
    I will only be there a couple days so hopefully I can manage I'm in Jamaica right! Lol
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Have you looked at Travellers?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Have you looked at Travellers?
    No Melody where are they located on the beach?
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

or fun holiday?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    No Melody where are they located on the beach?
    Close to town, NBCC area I believe. Standard rooms are newly renovated and cheap. Good pool with swim up bar and restaurant. Fridge rental is $5/day. There is at least one superior room that has a kitchenette...$118/night tax in, high season. Summer special this year has been ~ $59 for standard room. Deluxe & suites also available. Management is on property and customer service is good. Managers cocktail party and entertainment a few nights a week. Flip has stayed and enjoyed, would return. They've had several Groupon deals over the last few years that I've noticed. AC in all except their rustic cottages. I'm trying it out New Years.
    Last edited by Melody; 10-27-2014 at 08:51 AM.