Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbi ... will be there in 24 days, help wanted

User Info Menu

Re: Newbi ... will be there in 24 days, help wanted

For me any amount of time in Negril is wonderful but time is different there. The bar crawl will let you experience the west end which is totally different from the beach and a must do. There is so much to experience on the beach walking or sitting that you won't need much more. You can explore or sit, let sand gravity kick in and let everything come to you. And I do mean everything, food, drink or anything else you can want or need. You are in a great location on the beach and appear to be in the perfect frame of mind. Have a wonderful 1st of hopefully many visits.
    Name:  2011 Negril 261.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  83.8 KB

User Info Menu

we did our first trip this year the pub crawl was great and seastar was well worth it.We also did the pelican bar which i thought was a great day out the falls were closed as it was a monday just looks like we will have to back to see them again,loved the Pattie man and go to tonys for a few drink and have one of Ninah's patties as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nancy bunch View Post
    First trip to Negril is gonna be a short one. We will be staying at CCLP and want to both chill on the beach and also explore ... local markets, wetlands, waterfalls, mineral springs, Rastafarian culture ... so many things & places to see. Any and all opinions/suggestions are appreciated:

Long Bay Beach Park
    Royal Palm Reserve
    Green Island, Rhodes Mineral Springs & Beach
    Mayfield Falls, working farm near Village of Pennycooke
    Dr Scott's blue hole garden tour
    Abba Jahnehol's Place
    Negril Hills
    Local Markets
    Other places ....

If you could only pick two, what would they be?

I would suggest a glass bottom boat ride to the reef for snorkeling then lunch on Booby Cay after even if your are a vegetarian, this a great way to enjoy yourself with friends. Check out SUNBABY BOAT!
    Sunny regards,

Tanya

www.SunbabyBoatReviews.com

User Info Menu

Seastar is a must !!! The buffet and show are both excellent and there is a great crowd of folks there to interact with. I have never gone to Mayfield Falls but everyone i know that has raves about getting back in the interior of the Island to see that slower paced life away from the Beach and it is pretty close so you do not need to lose a whole day there which you would going to Pelican bar or Black River. Just go with the flow !

User Info Menu

Sea star, One Love Pub crawl is a must. There are several patty men on the beach. All are good.

User Info Menu

I visited the Royal Palm Reserve in 2010 but I was under the impression it was no longer open to the public. If that is still on your list I suggest double check before heading out there.

Does anyone have more up to date info? I would l love to hear it was back open, and I would certainly go back

User Info Menu

one love pub crawl is the best recommnedation yet....for a short 4 day trip, you will get enuff action from the walk on the beach from cclp....do the pub crawl for a different view from 6-7 places on the cliffs...and do seastar sat night for some live reggae....save the longer excursions for a longer trip....we will also be there a on a pub crawl with binn-donna from above post....have a great time....
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

groove16 - read your trip reports. we will look into using Alfred or Kingsley for airport transport. Also, read recommendation somewhere for Jinx. I had thought about bringing school supplies or clothing to give back to the community, any idea of their specific needs or where we could take our donation? We've decided to do seastar on Saturday and i'll be emailing Lenbert to see if we can get in on Sunday's pub crawl. thanks!

User Info Menu

Just plan to get to the beach, which you have done just let the vibe lead you.

User Info Menu

Party starts in t-minus 20 days,lets all get on the bar crawl bus on 11/23,it is sure to be a great time.