Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbi ... will be there in 24 days, help wanted

User Info Menu

Newbi ... will be there in 24 days, help wanted

First trip to Negril is gonna be a short one. We will be staying at CCLP and want to both chill on the beach and also explore ... local markets, wetlands, waterfalls, mineral springs, Rastafarian culture ... so many things & places to see. Any and all opinions/suggestions are appreciated:

Long Bay Beach Park
    Royal Palm Reserve
    Green Island, Rhodes Mineral Springs & Beach
    Mayfield Falls, working farm near Village of Pennycooke
    Dr Scott's blue hole garden tour
    Abba Jahnehol's Place
    Negril Hills
    Local Markets
    Other places ....

If you could only pick two, what would they be?
    Last edited by nancy bunch; 11-06-2014 at 08:17 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: Newbi ... will be there in 24 days, help wanted

did Royal Palm Reserve, just ok, as a repeat tourist i would recommend a catamaran cruise with RED STRIPE catamaran, and Seastar for a sat nite show, i have heard good things abt Rhodes Hall, soon come

User Info Menu

jamaicarob - I like both suggestions. we should be arriving early evening on Saturday and thought about Seastar for our first night, will definitely plan on that since we now have an endorsement. also love the idea of a catamaran cruise and think I recall seeing that you can find the lady from RED STRIPE on the beach wearing a large, floppy hat???

User Info Menu

Red stripe tours are the best. Myrna is great and very friendly. Can't miss her with her big hat!

User Info Menu

This be Myrna.

Name:  DSC00448_edited-1 [1024x768].jpg
Views: 460
Size:  61.1 KB

User Info Menu

I would recommend a glass bottom boat to the reef for snorkeling then lunch on Booby Cay after.

Then this with the Lux-Car folks.
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...-Tours-Jamaica
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Hi Nancy, from a fellow Tennessean! How short is your short trip? CCLP is a great choice, it is where we stay, and is right in the middle of Long Beach, so you can walk on the beach for a couple miles in either direction. Walking the beach is an adventure in itself, with lots of other bars and restaurants and craft stands along the way. If your "short" trip is a week or less, these are my recommendations for things to do:

One Love Bar Crawl with Lenbert is a MUST DO, you will visit places on the West End you might not see on your own. Email Lenbert at bananaznegril@hotmail.com and he will confirm for you. He runs the bus Wednesday, Friday, and I think sometimes on Sunday, and will pick you up in front of CCLP. If your driver from the airport is lending you a phone, you can call Lenbert at 876-874 6631, but this bus tour is very popular, so best to email in advance. And it is free, just be sure to tip Lenbert.

Seastar Inn on Saturday night. Again, they will pick you up and return you to CCLP. Call them Saturday morning for pickup, 876-957-0553.

If you like to snorkel, highly recommend Vincent. He picked us up at CCLP, then took us out to the reef. Even though snorkeling there is not the best, Vincent and his mate made it interesting. Even if you don't have your own mask and snorkel, he supplies whatever you need, including life vest and fins. 876 473 6910 , we called him a day or two before we wanted to go.

I hope you enjoy Negril as much as we do! You'll be back, so save some adventures for your next visit!

User Info Menu

Two more must do's, since you're staying at CCLP: Norman's patties for a snack, Niah's patties for lunch and/or snack. Norman walks the beach with his bicycle and cardboard box of patties, he always stops at CCLP. You have to walk to Niah's, but it isn't very far from CCLP. As you face the water, walk to your left, towards town. Niah's is in Wayz Park, right before Tony's Hut. If Niah doesn't seem to be around, ask at Tony's, he may be there, or they can probably find him. Enjoy!!

User Info Menu

liznash - my son is in Nashville, if that's where you are. What excites me the most about Negril is seeing that all the boardies return year after year. It's gotta be a wonderful, magical place. I'm looking forward to my short 4 night visit, with hopefully many more longer visits to follow.

User Info Menu

Hi Nancy,we get in on the 21st and are staying at White Sands for our 14th visit.Right now there is a Bar Crawl Sunday the 23rd and Weds.the 26th.We will be on the one the 23rd and see about the 26th as things go.Seastar is an awesome show and buffet,we are taking friends there on the 22nd.Hope to meet y'all there and share a laugh or 2.