Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pelican Bar

User Info Menu

Pelican Bar

I have heard that when going it is best to call ahead to be sure that it will be up and running, that the guys will have food out there to cook for you, and since when I went the first time there was not one thing out there to drink I think they just need some advanced warning. We are planning on going on a Monday and I know that is a pretty odd day. So the question is does anyone know WHO to call and does anyone have the number?

User Info Menu

Re: Pelican Bar

Hello Misti1,
    The last 2 times I went to Pelican Bar we left from Parrottee (@ Basil's Bar) the # there is 369-2565 or 369-7500 the boat ride from there is $15 US pp. I have been there 3 times so far and there has always been drinks available. I know you have to order food ahead of time, if you intend on eating there, I don't know if I would ever do that tho as not to sanitary as there is no elect., water, to really cook with.

User Info Menu

New Girl, thanks for the numbers. I ate there and OH HONEY IT WAS SO GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfiegirl59 View Post
    Hello Misti1,
    The last 2 times I went to Pelican Bar we left from Parrottee (@ Basil's Bar) the # there is 369-2565 or 369-7500 the boat ride from there is $15 US pp. I have been there 3 times so far and there has always been drinks available. I know you have to order food ahead of time, if you intend on eating there, I don't know if I would ever do that tho as not to sanitary as there is no elect., water, to really cook with.
    Because humans haven't survived thousands and thousands of years by cooking without electricity or water for their food.

Misti, just an FYI. It may be slow on Mondays because YS falls is closed. Personally, I like it when it's quiet there.

User Info Menu

I always have to use the washroom after I eat. What do you do their?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
    I always have to use the washroom after I eat. What do you do their?
    Big Ocean.

User Info Menu

Haha!
    If your someone who thinks about things like safety, code violations, or sanitary conditions........don't go to Pelican bar.
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHINY n Mango View Post
    Haha!
    If your someone who thinks about things like safety, code violations, or sanitary conditions........don't go to Pelican bar.
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

I'm not worried about code violations i just wouldn't eat there. it's bad enough you gotta pee with the fishies.I love going there go there every trip.

User Info Menu

I've never had better fish than I've had at the Pelican Bar. I firmly believe we would all be a lot better off with a lot less government between us and our food.