Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontier Airlines, how are they to fly?

User Info Menu

Frontier Airlines, how are they to fly?

Looks like they are the only non-stop option between MKE and MBJ. How is their service?

User Info Menu

Re: Frontier Airlines, how are they to fly?

It was OK the last 2 years - about the same as the charter service Funjet and Apple used before Frontier. We opted not to book them in Feb. 2015 because they are too expensive at about $850/person so we gave up non-stop out of MKE in order to fly at half that price

User Info Menu

depends on the type of ticket you buy..if it's the cheapest..they will nickel and dime you for everything. If you pick their classic plus (most expensive ticket) then you get the perks, etc. .and it really depends on the flight crew..

We flew recently to Phoenix and the crew on the flight out was just out rude to everyone...really not an enjoyable flight..however on the way back the crew was great (different crew of course). It just depends. My wife on the other hand has said we won't fly frontier again because of the flight out to Phoenix.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

I live about an equal distance from Milwaukee and Chicago Airports and for the last few years non stop out of Ohare is about half the price. I use a bit of the savings to stay at park and fly hotel to spend the night before at and they keep your car and take you to and pick you up at the airport.

User Info Menu

I like Frontier. However, the cost had gotten way to high. We flew out of St. Louis to Mobay direct the last 5 years. We found Southwest out of Midway (Chicago) for $650.00 for both of us. The Frontier was up to $1450.00 for both of us and it is about the same distance to both airports. Frontier had free direct TV in all seats down and back. Never had a problem flying Frontier, just the cost.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Looks like they are the only non-stop option between MKE and MBJ. How is their service?
    Lola... Doesn't Funjet fly out of MKE in the high season?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Lola... Doesn't Funjet fly out of MKE in the high season?

That is the Frontier non-stop flight = a Frontier charter plane, Apple sells seats for the same flights

User Info Menu

I buy one-way tickets and stay more than a month. MKE airport is only 10 miles, Ohare/Midway would be more cost, time, hassle. Thanks for the responses!

User Info Menu

Aha, Southwest has a non-stop flight on SATURDAYS starting at the end of January. Its pricey, but about the same as Frontier, with bag fees factored in.

User Info Menu

Did it once - which was one time too many.