Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My 2014 trip report

User Info Menu

Re: My 2014 trip report

Green banana porridge is delicious....

True, sometimes limes are scarce.

Cia Restaurant across from Samsara will deliver?

User Info Menu

Ciao Jamaica across from Samsara delivers and is a decent pizza.

User Info Menu

Thanks for a nice report!

User Info Menu

Looking forward to more

User Info Menu

we love going to the market in Sav, we have purchased a few pots and pans from there, also enjoying your t.r. thanx, soon come

User Info Menu

Loving your report~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

We like Ciao as well. It's expensive but when you want to stay in it is worth it. My friend loves their fettuccine alfredo, but we always just get the pizza.

User Info Menu

Keney's Chinese Food delivers.

Great TR! Keep it coming.

User Info Menu

2nd time today I have heard about Kennys. MikeyNYC stopped by to say hi today, and he was talking about giving that a go as well. If any boardies are about, stop by and say hello. I've lurked and posted in this board for a while now, and would love to meet more of you.
    Last edited by Hussyband; 11-23-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Horrible spelling

User Info Menu

What a lazy second day. With the exception of the raft launch this morning, I expended as little effort as possible. I sat on the draft for a couple of hours, and got a good way through my book relaxing in the hammock hut after lunch.

I had the opportunity to meet a boardie today. He had stopped by yesterday afternoon, but only knew my board name... Did not work out too well, unfortunately, as security is tough here. But, he got in today, so all was good.

As a part of my trip to Sav, I got my beloved breadfruit. Very, very tasty way to start the day, with the usual salt fish and ackee. Another boardie who is staying here invented a new way to eat the stuff with butter and guava jam. It's actually pretty good that way, but the staff was giving him a sidelong glance as he prepared it.

The launch took a number of folks. The raft itself filled was pumped up in really short order, and because of the need for electric, we had to do it at the top of the cliff, then walk it down the stairs. With four people, it was bulky, but not too heavy. Literally, the launch consisted of us throwing it off the cliff, where it promptly landed upside down in the water.... Not really conducive to a good time. Three of us were trying to flip it while in the water, as Mikey said, that effort should have had Benny Hill music playing in the background... It was comical to say the least. Tim finally came to the rescue with this ingenious idea of tying rope to two ends and flipping it from the bridge. Had it been me alone, the thing might still be upside down (who a, I kidding... Without everyone's help, it would be in the box.)

After all this morning fun, we marched over to Ahhbees and got some of his awesome burgers. Seriously... If you have not done so, give his food a try. The burgers are enormous, the price is right, and There has not been a single visit to his place where there was not someone interesting to talk to (Aubie included, the man has a gift for customer service and chatting).

My wife got a massage and pronounced it the best she has had in some time. Georgia (not sure on her last name) is one of the massage therapists at the resort, and the wife swears by her.

We tried Sharks for dinner. I really want to give this place a go, as one of our friends here loves it. I just have yet to find a way to make my wife enjoy the place. The menu and sign out front promises a plethora of menu items, but they are always out of everything. I chalk it up to the fact that we are at the tail end of the slow season, so maybe they just don't keep stuff stocked... Understandable if it will only go bad. We ended up not eating there and having dinner at the lodge. Fantastic plate of Jerk Chicken for me, pork medallions for the wife, topped off with chocolate cake. Jennifer is the head cook in the evening here, and aside from the fantastic meals she makes, she always his a smile and a conversation for you after dinner.

We had one hiccup with the trip so far which to me is extremely minor. Because we come over thanksgiving, and the resort is so small, we book a year in advance (I suspect others are booking further out, but we may not have earned that privilege yet). Our original discussion was to book a smaller cottage next year, because Where we are staying is made for four people, and we don't use most of it. we changed our mind about this issue three or four times over the course of the afternoon, ultimately deciding we wanted to go ahead and get next year. Well, the indecision cost us, as someone booked it for thanksgiving week, 2015 during our back and forth. Ah well, lesson learned. So long as I have the ocean and clear skies... I don't care. It's beautiful here.

These reports are being done on my iPad, so I don't have all of our pictures available to post yet. I promise however at some point I'll have more up. Hope everyone has a great week and a safe holiday!