Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Club MoBay

User Info Menu

Club MoBay

Used their services Feb 2014. When I arrived there was nearly nobody at immigration so that was a total waste of money...no fault of theirs. On departure the lines for club mobay were as long as the genpop. The club was so crowded I had to wait 20 minutes for a seat. Does anyone here have a recent experience to report?

User Info Menu

Re: Club MoBay

We used it Friday, Nov 21. Our arrival time was a literal madhouse. I believe three flights landed within 10 minutes, one was at the gate the same time as us.

The immigration hall was entirely full. When we got off the plane, I believe there were 8 reps standing at the bottom, we were taken directly to the front of emlime for immigration, and subsequently customs. Took less than 15 minutes to retrieve luggage and get to Tim Air (where we had to wait, because we were early!).

This time, club Mobay was entirely worth it in my opinion, but... Like you, I have used it and seen it as a crap shoot. My thought process is, in the grand scheme it is not really that much money, and in cases like our arrival day, the time saved well made up for the money spent on this and previous trips.

User Info Menu

It really depends on the time of day that you arrive. We are usually one of the last flights to arrive on any given day so its usually not busy. Same thing when we leave its an evening flight and one of the last to leave. We don't normally have any issues with how many folks are in immigration. I think you have to play it by ear. If you are in the morning or in the afternoon its generally busier.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

For incoming flights to Mobay try this site: http://flightaware.com/live/airport/MKJS/arrivals It puts flights arriving in chronological order, that way you can see what other flights would be arriving in the same time frame your flight is, and then determine if Club MoBay is worth your while. Note: in a weeks time, you'll see the same airlines/flights arriving as yours.
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, will inevitably come to pass.

User Info Menu

This trip I'm arriving on a Sunday (we usually always do mid week arrivals). What do you guys think? I have no idea how many flights are typical in a given time period, I never pay any attention to that. How bad should I expect customs to be? I'm used to the line being maybe 20 minutes, tops.

User Info Menu

We always arrive on a Friday usually between 2:30 and 3:30 which has to be one of the busiest times. We have waited in lines in the hallway before you even turn the corner toward the immigration hall. I think we will try MoBay Club this time.

User Info Menu

My last trip in May I saw 7 planes landing within the hour that we landed. So I booked Club Mobay, and it actually took longer to get thru customs and immigration than it did for those who did not use the service. The host wanted to give me the briefing and I told him he can talk as we walk as I have never done anything other then the hot scoot to immigration. I felt like he was actually holding me up. If I had been in the vibe already all would have been good.

On the way home the line for Club Mobay thru security was slower than the regular line. So here I sit wondering if it involved any advantage, and as far as my experience it did not. Will I do it in the future? Probably, as I would rather spend the money than wait in an hour long line on arrival. In all of my trips it has only happened twice. Departure will be a no go for us going forward. Decisions Decisions......

User Info Menu

Departure has changed and it moved faster last year than ever before. That combined with the remodeled and expanded airport I don't really care about hiding away in the club. We didn't find the food in the club that appealing and I couldn't drink enough to really make it worthwhile. They also didn't call us when our plane started boarding.

But even the chance of saving a little time on arrival makes me want to do it.

User Info Menu

September we purchased departure only and it was awesome! 10 mins max we were thru all lines and in their lounge. Will always use it going forward. Also that trip upon arrival sure wish we would have had it. Well over an hour in line. Both ways for us from now on. Jamb

User Info Menu

I use it for arrival...always a quick trip to their little lounge...and I change in a nice clean bathroom....then off to Negril. I don't book for departure ahead of time...wait til I reach the airport....see how busy and make my decision then.
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
    J.R.R Tolkien