Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Flight time changed for departure - can we make it?

User Info Menu

Flight time changed for departure - can we make it?

Our flight home in January just got bumped up an hour to 8:15am and we are wondering if we should think about spending the night near the airport instead of departing so early. We have never left so early and are wondering what thoughts/experience others have had?

User Info Menu

Re: Flight time changed for departure - can we make it?

You need to get close to an airport the day before.
    Negril, Jamaica me crazeee

User Info Menu

It depends on how important that last night in Negril is to you. You also need a very reliable drive since you would be leaving before 5am. I have seen several recommendations on this board for places to spend a single night. Many are near the Hip Strip which is a whole different experience and minutes to the airport.

User Info Menu

Thanks for confirming our thoughts - that is just too early in the morning and while we will miss our last sunset and dinner on the cliffs, we have always wanted to check out the hip strip which we only see when leaving!

User Info Menu

With that early of a flight I would definitely stay your last evening in MoBay. There could always be traffic hold up at that time, and you would be out of luck. May I suggest the
    Gloucestershire Hotel right on the strip across from Margarittaville. Very secure ,quaint hotel with a nice restaurant.

User Info Menu

We would get a place close by!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Just connected with our wonderful driver Kingsley James and he concurs with all of you - even though he was willing to pick us up in the middle of the night if we wanted him to - no problem of course

User Info Menu

Yes man.....you done good!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave