Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sea wind question

User Info Menu

Re: Sea wind question

Call and explain the situation to you cc company and have them deal with. Good luck!

User Info Menu

So is shereta's closed too?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I read the above posts so went up there last night too see for myself. The place looks like an"occupy wallstreet" site. I can't confirm it was looted but sure looks like it. Everything is gone from Sheretas and the kitchen. The doors to the guest rooms were open. Beds, TVs, furniture all gone. Garbage strewn about and 20 to 30 guys just hanging around. Some minor
    vandalism obvious.
    I can understand the leasee being evicted but the property looks like it was just abandoned. I would have thought the property owner or the bank or someone would have had an interest in protecting items of value but apparently not.
    I spoke to a French Canadian couple who moved over from Seawind to the Palms a few days before it "hit the fan." They didn't seem upset so maybe they saw it coming.
    I was around a couple years ago when the leasee was evicted from Seasplash. In that case the property owners just took over and it was more or less business as usual. Makes this Seawind business all the more strange.

User Info Menu

Nice property....sad..
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif

User Info Menu

Any word on Gardenia? I was under the impression that it's operated by the same people.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

Administrator

User Info Menu

Kahuna3,

No, Gardenia is run by a different management team. They are Jamaican, not foreigners.

Sea Wind and Gardenia are owned by the same family, but are two separate entities. I am sure that the owner will be doing something with the Sea Wind property because it is on the beach, but since this action just occurred, I am sure it will take some time to get the property re-opened.

User Info Menu

Sea Wind was run by someone from Quebec wasn't it?
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Crusher,

Yes it was.

User Info Menu

Sherita's or the old Norma's........Which one is at Sea Wind???