Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chikungunya oh ya its real

User Info Menu

Re: Chikungunya oh ya its real

Quote Originally Posted by M&G Montreal View Post
    Cap, you say it's a day feeder. Is that ONLY in the daytime (dawn to dusk) for those mosquitoes? Or MOSTLY or USUALLY - meaning there is minimized risk dusk to dawn, as opposed to no risk?
    from the CDC website "Chikungunya virus is most often spread to people by Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquitoes. These are the same mosquitoes that transmit dengue virus. They bite mostly during the daytime."

User Info Menu

Just returned and used over 2 bottles of Deep woods off liquid (orange bottle), pleasant smelling. I'm sure I was overkilling with this stuff, but we got NO bites. I saw lots of people with bites on their arms and legs. I do think I caused a slight chemical reaction with the insect spray, as after coming out of the water, I would reapply and I got a strange red burn reaction on certain spots on my legs. First thing out of the room in the morning, we applied the stuff and all is well.

User Info Menu

dec 1-dec11 no spray no bites good time

User Info Menu

We just got back last night had no problems.We sprayed every morning.

User Info Menu

What is mozzie spray?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HalfMoonJudy View Post
    What is mozzie spray?
    Mosquito spray.

User Info Menu

We just returned from Jamaica, spent our time in Little Bay. My partner contracted Chik V while there. I only saw about 5 Mosquitos while there, but they are more stealth than our Mosquitos from the north, so you don't notice them as readily. We applied deet every day, but the Chik V virus is rampant in this area. In speaking with the towns people of Little Bay, almost everyone there has contracted the virus in the last year. Oh ya, it's real!

User Info Menu

This is one thread I'm glad to see has quieted down. I understand that it seems to have run it's course on the South Coast and Kingston. I came across this article today that proposes using GMO mosquitos to battle chickungunya. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/flo...125-story.html

User Info Menu

Frankenstein Mosquitos ......... This auta be good. NOT

User Info Menu

The headline reads scarier than the story. Basically they want to release sterile male mosquitos out to mate, resulting in no new Aedes aegypti.