Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flights from Florida to Jamaica - HELP

User Info Menu

Flights from Florida to Jamaica - HELP

Having issues finding options on flights from southwest Florida to Jamaica. So far the only 2 decent options are SouthWest out of Orlando and Spirit Airlines out of Fort Lauderdale. We are located just north of Fort Myers in southwest Florida.

All ideas greatly appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Flights from Florida to Jamaica - HELP

Spirit will nickle & dime you. 4 hours late on my way home the one time I tried them. I'm in Tampa so it's American through Miami for me. I sure miss the old non-stop on Northwest that vanished years ago.

User Info Menu

Yeah, its not great from Tampa. I'd go with SW/Orlando

User Info Menu

Dittto with SW from MCO.

Between Miss G and I we've done 14 round trips to MBJ this year with no problems.

Plus no rebooking fee if you change your dates, two suitcases fly fee and parking near the airport is cheap

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Actually located in Cape Coral, just north of Fort Myers. About 2.5 hours to Fort Launderdale and 3.5 hours to Orlando.

Been spoiled by flying from Milwaukee or Chicago all those years. Numerous airlines and flights to choose from.

User Info Menu

Im from Wisconsin/ Florida and live near you i take Spirit and have had no problem for the last 10 trips. I also miss Funjet or Apple out of Milwaukee those were the days. This year marks my 30th trip. Enjoy

User Info Menu

Jetblue also flys out of Orlando.

User Info Menu

The main reason I fly out of Tampa - other than living there - is that I don't want my car sitting somewhere for 4, 5, 6, 7 weeks. I like it covered in front of my house where the neighbors can keep an eye on it. Oh yeah... I don't like driving to places I rarely go either.

User Info Menu

OK, to avoid the hour extra drive I would try Spirit in FLL too. But, if you are willing to do all that driving and parking, just take a 1-stop flight from Tampa?

User Info Menu

Scored a set of tickets on Southwest out of Orlando - $280 round trip - non-stop - 3+ hour drive there but what can you do ............ cheaper then Spirit Air when you add in carryon fee, luggage fee, seat fee, checkin fee, boarding pass fee, airport fee, pilot fee, wing fee, departure fee, tire fee, and all the other fees that they charge. Southwest is so simple - one price with FREE luggage. See you in April