Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Just a reminder how lucky we are...

User Info Menu

Just a reminder how lucky we are...

...to have found our little slice of heaven.

I've never been on a cruise and I'm sure some of these ports aren't as bad as they make them out to be but this article makes me happy I found Negril.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/the-wor...7252.html?hp=1

User Info Menu

Re: Just a reminder how lucky we are...

I know a couple of people who have either been on a cruise docking in Jamaica or have stayed in a resort in Mobay. Neither of them will "ever go back there". I have spoken to them and shown them pix and they are slowly changing their minds. I think it's unfortunate that they seem to be locked into their resorts and actually told not to venture out alone.

You are correct, we are blessed to have found our "gem" here.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

It is too bad that many people will read the Yahoo link and reconsider seeing some of the great aspects of the island. We have taken many clients on day excursions, from cruise ships and otherwise, and they have had a wonderful time. We offer some of the lesser known sites along with the commercial, all equally as beautiful, and our clients are not waiting in a line up for most of their tour. Our goal is to leave our clients with a fantastic impression of the island and it's people. We work at this one tour at a time. It is always a thrill when a client states that they never realized how wonderful Jamaica is ,and how they definitely will come back and bring their friends. Working together one day at a time to build a solid reputation as a marvelous place to vacation.

User Info Menu

Interesting article, but some of the people posting at the end appear to be just complaining for the sake of complaining. Ocho Rios and Montego Bay are two entirely different locations, but many are lumping them together. I don't cruise, but I've done Ocho Rios a number of times. I think cruise people and some vacationers in general have a candy coated impression of what they will be seeing (maybe too much Love Boat in the 70's?). Some people will also complain about anything...

Matters not to me though. I prefer Negril, and it will probably be the only place I regularly visit til I drop dead. Cruise ships are not really my scene anyway.

User Info Menu

Another article from supposed world travelers. It's amazing how miserable some people are.

"We’ve gathered a few of the biggest bucket list busts from some of our favorite travel writers, who prove that sometimes dreams are better left unanswered..."

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/i-flew-...1267.html?hp=1

User Info Menu

I agree, people can be just miserable. I try to avoid those types. BTW, went through the Panama Canal on a cruise with my mother and it was VERY interesting and fun to do, not like the person who posted in your article ^
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Went on a cruise in 1999 is how I discovered Jamaica. We docked in Ochi. I loved the vibes. From Ochi, I came to Negril. Haven't back to Ochi.