Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reflections, as a first time in a long time.

User Info Menu

Re: Reflections, as a first time in a long time.

Hi Islander - Brynn,

I was in the hockey business as a player and later coach and did a lot of recruiting in coastal BC. taking ferries to VI and up the coast!!! BC kids were honest hard working and great players. I remember watching Paul Kariya play for the Penticton Panthers and them meeting with his parents in West Vancouver. Nanaimo had a team (BCJHL) too. Wow the Island was / is one of my favorite places on earth too, as well as Jamaica. Negril is very cool!! The Jamaican Tourist Board used to have a slogan "Jamaica, more than a beach, a country" which is very true.

If you make it to Treasure Beach please stop at Sunset Resort and Villa's for at least a Red Stripe and say Hi to Kory South (Owner) for me!!!

Have a great and safe trip!!!

Regards,
    John PS http://www.jtbonline.org/JTB/Pages/DiscoverJamaica.aspx
    Last edited by johng; 12-18-2014 at 09:52 AM.

User Info Menu

Glad you came back to Negril. Great trip report with the food and drink comments. It helps the newbies and the old timers like myself check out places to drink and dine. I've been staying on the Negril beach for years and have experienced most of what you commented on. You mentioned Dean the Pork guy, is this the Dean that walks by the Yellowbird most days between 11:00am – 11:30 am? If so, I found it interesting that you thought his food was okay. Most people who taste his pork think it is amazing. A one of a kind taste sensation. I and my friends enjoy it daily while on the beach. It’s one of the many things that that make the stay on the Negril Beach special.

Not bashing your opinion here, just wanted to share another to let others know they have to try it. If they can get it before he’s sold out.

The Iguana.

User Info Menu

Dean has the silver box? Yes, I love his pork.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report! The pics of Treasure Beach makes me wish we had booked a week in TB as well as Negril for February. We've stayed a couple of times just down the road from Jakes at Calabash House. Nice area of the coast. Eggy's is a great likkle beach bar. Kind of has that edge of civilization feeling.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    Dean has the silver box? Yes, I love his pork.
    Yes, and yes.

User Info Menu

Also a fan of Deans !

User Info Menu

Hi Iguana ....yes that's the guy, he usually got to coco around noon and I guess because we were early season he still had half a box left. And yes, you are right I should have said it was very good pork but what took it back a bit for me was how little you got ( about 6 little pieces, not even a 1/4 lb.) for $5 but I see by some recent posts that may be the same issue at Best in the West. But if you like pork it's a must try.