Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sweet potato pudding at Ras Rody

User Info Menu

Sweet potato pudding at Ras Rody

I was talking to the son one day and sat with him while he was making sweet potato pudding. He went through the steps and measurements with me but I didn't write them down when I got back to my room.

I believe it was 1 to 1 to 1 ratio of grated sweet potato/flour/brown sugar, then a little cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla, salt. Some coconut milk and I think the grated flesh from a whole coconut. And enough water to bring it together.

Does this sound right to anyone? All the recipes I'm finding online call for butter or margarine but I know it can't be butter (cause Ital) and I don't recall him scooping margarine or pouring any oil. I feel like I'm forgetting something. I'm no baker but have been wanting to try this.

Even better, if anyone is there now and wants to stop by to ask, that would be great!

User Info Menu

Re: Sweet potato pudding at Ras Rody

Ras rody has a recipie book. Think it's on Amazon.

User Info Menu

We had sweet potato pudding once at Jah B's. It was the best desert we have ever had in Jamaica. I have tried every on line recipe I can find and nothing comes close I would love the recipe too if anyone can get it

User Info Menu

http://www.jamaicandinners.com/jamai...o-pudding.html

Have cooked this a couple of times. Its pretty fantastic.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

That looks just like what we had, Thank you Crusher

User Info Menu

You're Welcome! I cook Jamaican all the time....mi Doc says I have the talent and I know the right tastes and spices to use!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

I went to the farmer's market on Wednesday. I bought a gizzada, agrater cake, and a slice of sweet potato pudding. It was amazing!!!