Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

User Info Menu

Re: Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    I wonder why not every flight is able to use them? Are you herded to kiosks or desks with no choice? Do you get to pick which one if both choices are open? Are the kiosks simply not available to use at times?
    It was weird, the kiosks are open for anyone to attempt to use, but not everyone is able to. For a while people were just kinda going where they felt like, then after a half hour or so someone came and directed the lines. When I asked about the kiosks, the girl working the line asked what airline I flew in on then said "okay, that flight can use them". I'd guess it's dependant on the departure airport, and which country it came from, but just a guess.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Excellent question Marko... our resort normally wants the stub from immigration for our folio as part of our departure planning (this is the AI portion of our stay). We always need that stub when we check in for our return flight, but I'm sure that's part of the documentation that's generated by the kiosk. Should be an interesting adventure this time around.
    Chris, mi fren 9 trips to the same AI and we were never asked for the stub, just the return flight information

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Passport didn't get stamped? Excuse my ignorance... isn't that kind of important? Our are the attendant forms and documents all that's required, and the passport more of an ID tool?
    Not important at all. We have been to a few dozen different countries and only have Jamaica and US stamps. US only for about half of our returns.

User Info Menu

Found an article that offers a better idea of how it works. Doesn't address all the questions but it is a start. Hope to be using them in a few weeks

Per the article, " The passport information and biometric captured is then cross-referenced to verify the passenger is who they claim to be and then checked against government watch lists. The passenger answers immigration questions on the kiosk touch screen and once cleared is given a receipt to show as they exit the customs hall. Passengers do not need to interact with an immigration official unless there is an error or concern."

http://www.aviationpros.com/press_re...rder-clearance

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    It was weird, the kiosks are open for anyone to attempt to use, but not everyone is able to. For a while people were just kinda going where they felt like, then after a half hour or so someone came and directed the lines. When I asked about the kiosks, the girl working the line asked what airline I flew in on then said "okay, that flight can use them". I'd guess it's dependant on the departure airport, and which country it came from, but just a guess.
    Your comments indicate that they were trying to see if passengers would gravitate to the kiosks on their own... not a well thought out experiment. I'm wondering if anyone here can comment, as time goes on, on if this helps Immigration Hall's throughput at all.

User Info Menu

Seven trips this year

kiosks rule

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    A friend arrived after the kiosks were operating and said it was a breeze. No one was lined up and she didn't even notice if any agents were working the counters. Passport didn't get stamped at all, straight through to luggage carousel. Any additional experiences?

Very smart move on their part...now if Miami would follow suit

User Info Menu

Any additional information about this would be appreciated! I was going to book Club Mobay for my arrival next week just to get through customs quicker,but if kiosks are significantly speeding up the whole customs process it might not be worth it. Are lines still formed like always, but instead of being called to the next agent you go to kiosk instead? Any more info on which airlines/ flights can use the kiosks would be very helpful also. Thanks!!

User Info Menu

The true test.... Saturday between noon and three...

User Info Menu

Thankfully, I was able to use the kiosk upon arrival on Xmas day.
    Immigration was a sea of people & I thought oh no....
    Ended up being a breeze! I didn't check a bag & made it out of the airport in less than 45 minutes, including a stop at duty free & the bathroom!

[/url]