Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

User Info Menu

Re: Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

It just saves you the time waiting for your bag, if I remember correctly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arahzel View Post
    Ah, I should have clarified. My brother goes often (went last May, iirc) and mentioned that we should just do carry on instead of checking luggage because the lines are long if you are waiting for baggage. I really think he said we could skip certain lines and it was much faster. I think what I really meant to ask wasn't really about customs, but more along having to deal with long lines just because I have kids with me. Sorry for the confusion!

Has anyone had the same experience of skipping certain lines if you have carry on only?
    On departure, lines can be long at MBJ to check your bags. I've done club Mobay departure but had to wait in line to check my bag first. One time it was a good half hour. The security line on departure can be brutal high season, especially early afternoon of a Saturday. Of course, you get that with only carryon as well, but avoid it if you have Club Mobay departure lounge service.

User Info Menu

Has anyone who has flown US Airways able to use the Kiosk? We're due to arrive around 2:30 on a Saturday...

User Info Menu

or Sun Country?

User Info Menu

Southwest??
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I flew U S AIR in December and used the KIOSK went very fast NOTE: The person directing stated NO children under the age of 18 can use the kiosk--a bummer for 3 families who had to go to the end of the immigration line & start over .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Donna View Post
    Southwest??
    Last Thursday.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by artteach View Post
    Has anyone who has flown US Airways able to use the Kiosk? We're due to arrive around 2:30 on a Saturday...
    Yes, able to use the Kiosk...however, the day we flew in, the lines were the worst in 29 trips. Over 2 hours plus, even using the Kiosk. That trip...truly wish I would have forked out the bucks for Club Mobay! Crazy, I never even thought twice about it before, but the night before we left..Tried to get it but you had to purchase it 48 hours before. Live and learn I guess. Maybe just a fluke, all the other times have been quite reasonable. Good luck!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

What date did you arrive Yetta?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yetta View Post
    Yes, able to use the Kiosk...however, the day we flew in, the lines were the worst in 29 trips. Over 2 hours plus, even using the Kiosk. That trip...truly wish I would have forked out the bucks for Club Mobay! Crazy, I never even thought twice about it before, but the night before we left..Tried to get it but you had to purchase it 48 hours before. Live and learn I guess. Maybe just a fluke, all the other times have been quite reasonable. Good luck!
    what time did you arrive as well? We arrive and leave on sunday afternoons after 4pm, and really don't want to spend any more time in the airport than absolutely necessary, but also don't want to pay if its not going to save us more than 20 minutes.