Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

User Info Menu

Re: Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

MilwaukeeMike you've asked a simple question & nowhere in all these posts has anyone said where the heck they are...what's the deal people.

User Info Menu

As you walk in the hall the kiosks are on the far left wall. The regular lines weren't too bad when we landed so I didn't inquire about using them. You still need a form entering Jamaica but no longer need one to enter the US.

User Info Menu

Thank you Nancy! You rock!!!

User Info Menu

It's still the luck of the draw.

We got through in 8 minutes on Thursday.

Two planes later it was an hour it the least.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Got back a couple weeks ago & just wanted to share my experience with the kiosks..... Was by far the quickest I have ever gotten in/out of the airport. As I walked into the customs area the lines were totally packed - I showed my form & passport expecting to be directed to the end of one of the long lines, but to my surprise they directed me all the way to left wall where the kiosk's are - no wait at all...was simple and soo fast. From landing to outside with my luggage was seriously like 30 minutes! I still don't know why so many people had to stand in those long lines while others were directed to the kiosks, but my best guess is the country you are arriving from.

User Info Menu

I arrived at 1:30 pm Dec 31st. Immigration lines were not long. I'd purchased Mobay arrivals and my greeter let me choose kiosk or agent. I chose the kiosk and it was easy. Bought some duty free, got my bags and my club rep guided me right past the long lines at customs. Didn't even talk to an agent...would have been fine not renewing my passport, but now it's good for 9.5 years. Roads were busy in Mobay so glad I had the advantage of no lines at the airport as the drive out of town took longer. Departure on the 10th, Sat afternoon, SO glad to have Mobay departure, lined up 3/4 of the way down departure hall for security...may have been late for my gate had I not had it.

User Info Menu

Interesting conversation here.

Do we still need to go through customs if we are doing carry on only? All of us have passports issued in 2012, but we do have children under 18.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arahzel View Post
    Interesting conversation here.

Do we still need to go through customs if we are doing carry on only? All of us have passports issued in 2012, but we do have children under 18.
    Of course.

User Info Menu

for our last two trips with the kiosks in place, when the immigration director staff member looked at our forms she said go to the line, I inquired as to why we could not use the kiosks and was advised it was because we are on Delta flight [both times]. Not sure if Delta does not provide the manifest electronically while we are in flight or what but no one on Delta was allowed to use this either time; lets see what Feb trip has in store. The line however did move along as a good % fo folks are using kiosks. Perhaps Delta does not supply something or is not high on MBJ's list for whatever reason. I also know that on departure, Delta is queued to the longer line vs the short line as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Of course.
    Ah, I should have clarified. My brother goes often (went last May, iirc) and mentioned that we should just do carry on instead of checking luggage because the lines are long if you are waiting for baggage. I really think he said we could skip certain lines and it was much faster. I think what I really meant to ask wasn't really about customs, but more along having to deal with long lines just because I have kids with me. Sorry for the confusion!

Has anyone had the same experience of skipping certain lines if you have carry on only?