Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

User Info Menu

Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

A friend arrived after the kiosks were operating and said it was a breeze. No one was lined up and she didn't even notice if any agents were working the counters. Passport didn't get stamped at all, straight through to luggage carousel. Any additional experiences?

User Info Menu

Re: Arrivals since MBJ immigration kiosks?

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    A friend arrived after the kiosks were operating and said it was a breeze. No one was lined up and she didn't even notice if any agents were working the counters. Passport didn't get stamped at all, straight through to luggage carousel. Any additional experiences?
    Passport didn't get stamped? Excuse my ignorance... isn't that kind of important? Our are the attendant forms and documents all that's required, and the passport more of an ID tool?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Passport didn't get stamped? Excuse my ignorance... isn't that kind of important? Our are the attendant forms and documents all that's required, and the passport more of an ID tool?
    We used the kiosks on a layover in Miami returning from JA this past November. You scan your passport, answer some questions then a receipt is printed out with your picture. You just hand it to a customs officer on your way out. Passport was NOT stamped. I found it kinda lax too but it sure was fast. Did not see any counters open for incoming residents here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    They didn't stamp mine either, that was 3 weeks ago.

User Info Menu

Used the kiosks in Dallas last year when heading back. Same experience, scanned, photo, and handed to customs. Not stamped and no issues, wonderful. Big bonus for MBJ

User Info Menu

IIRC passports now have a microchip inside, my guess is these are now "electronically stamped"

User Info Menu

interesting.........someone please explain this to mi.....mi pea brain isn't as good as it use to be......lol

so when you land in MoBay for your vacation.......what is the procedure now for entry into Jamaica.........
    do you have to fill out the customs forms ahead of time on the plane?
    do you go to the immigration counter and get questioned?
    go to luggage area to get your stuff and then walk over with your bags and hand your custom form to custom officer?

in Miami they have had the kiosks since the middle of last summer for entering the USA......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Excellent question Marko... our resort normally wants the stub from immigration for our folio as part of our departure planning (this is the AI portion of our stay). We always need that stub when we check in for our return flight, but I'm sure that's part of the documentation that's generated by the kiosk. Should be an interesting adventure this time around.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    interesting.........someone please explain this to mi.....mi pea brain isn't as good as it use to be......lol

so when you land in MoBay for your vacation.......what is the procedure now for entry into Jamaica.........
    do you have to fill out the customs forms ahead of time on the plane?
    do you go to the immigration counter and get questioned?
    go to luggage area to get your stuff and then walk over with your bags and hand your custom form to custom officer?

in Miami they have had the kiosks since the middle of last summer for entering the USA......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Everything is still the same. They just added the kiosks to help speed it up. Not every flight is able to use them, otherwise everything is the same just no passport stamp for some reason. I had one other time they didn't stamp me a few years ago, then two stamps between that time and this time. Same physical passport, so it isn't a microchip thing. Strange.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Everything is still the same. They just added the kiosks to help speed it up. Not every flight is able to use them, otherwise everything is the same just no passport stamp for some reason. I had one other time they didn't stamp me a few years ago, then two stamps between that time and this time. Same physical passport, so it isn't a microchip thing. Strange.
    I wonder why not every flight is able to use them? Are you herded to kiosks or desks with no choice? Do you get to pick which one if both choices are open? Are the kiosks simply not available to use at times?