Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: japanese funeral service and burial plans

User Info Menu

japanese funeral service and burial plans

the funeral arrangements and burial for our friend "Japanese"..keith Campbell.. have been finalized.
    on Saturday January 10 at 1:00pm a service will be held at the mary gate of heaven church in Negril, which is across from the coco la palm hotel on the beach road. internment will be held following the service at the orchard cemetery in the red ground in Negril.
    please pass the word among jap's friends in Negril, and hopefully a lot will show up to say goodbye..their will be a burial announcement in the observer west shortly.
    we would like to have a small social gathering after the burial, but have not planned anything yet..if anyone has any idea's or somewhere we could use please get in touch..
    and lastly we must all give a big up to miss lily gayle from the observer who has put this all together and seen that Japanese will not leave us quietly. not only was she his "boss", she is a friend who cared and her friendship is shining him to the heavens shortly..
    thanks to all

User Info Menu

Re: japanese funeral service and burial plans

I will be there in spirit. R.I.P. Japanese.

User Info Menu

thanks for posting this information. i was very sad to hear of japanese's passing. he was a very kind person and put his personal stamp on negril and 7 mile. the next time i am in negril i will certainly be thinking of him. R.I.P. Japanese.

User Info Menu

we are still looking for a restaurant/bar to have a gathering of jap's friends after the burial on Saturday..a place along 7 mile would be nice as that was his stomping ground..
    I know he was famous at Alfred's and was wondering who I would contact there to try and work something out..I am not in Negril so have to call..
    any suggestions would be appreciated

User Info Menu

I won't be in Negril but I will light a candle on Sat for Japanese.
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

My favorite vendor in Negril through my many trips. RIP my friend

User Info Menu

as an update the funeral was a great celebration of jap's life..i was not there but was told the Mercedes hearse came up the beach road to the church followed by a school bus full of observer vendors from the area..i hear even a couple of the observer big cheeses came in from Kingston !!! the church was full up at the 1:00 start time with a mix of all the Negril community that loved jap and about a dozen "tourists"..after the internment there was a get together at rainbow arch, and another at "mama flo's"..
    sounds like my buddy went out in style..
    I have offered to put a stone on jap's grave, and am going to start a thread in the very near future looking to get it made locally in Negril and if anyone has any advice on this..

User Info Menu

Japs' Buddy ... Respect to you. You have served your friend well and he is proud. God bless you both.

User Info Menu

Anyone have a picture?

User Info Menu

Very well said Boston Bob.