Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Love Bus Crawl question

User Info Menu

One Love Bus Crawl question

I'm pretty new here, but coming to Negril next month for the first time (been to MoBay, but many many years ago), and now starting to get excited and planning, etc. Our group is 7 adults meeting up there, staying at the Grand Pineapple. We are bringing our 3 year old with us. (For us, it just wouldn't be a vacation without our kid) My question, we want to do the One Love Bus Crawl. Will people think we are crazy for bringing a toddler? LOL Let me say this, we are a fun group, a good bit of drinkers, but I'm not really a drinker (I prefer the other), so I am fine not really drinking a lot and making sure my kid is ok. I'm not really worried about her having a good time - she likes a good party LOL - and my group adores her to no end, just would anyone be funny about it, or give us a hard time, or whatever? Would she be ok to go in the places we stop? I want to get out and see the West End, and enjoy some of the places on the stops. Or, since we would technically be a group of 8, would it be in our best interest to book it by ourselves? I don't really like that idea, because we all like to have fun and meet people, and being by ourselves seems a little boring, but if it was in the best interest of my kid...any thoughts? It would be appreciated.

Oh, and since I'm asking questions, we want to have a nice dinner out, lobster for sure, one night away from the GP. I see that Ivan's doesn't allow kids for dinner. So that is out. Where would be the next best place for a great lobster dinner that my kid can come, with a sunset view?

User Info Menu

Re: One Love Bus Crawl question

Here are my two answers : as far as the bus people get really drunk on the bus but it's your decision. Kuyaba has a great lobster dinner and kids are fine.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Bus is over filled to the point people are packed like sardines. People get very drunk. They curse. They enjoy ganja. The bus and the crawl are an adult environment.

Ok, I'll stop trying to beat around the bush.

I would not be happy to find toddlers on the crawl and would wonder what the parents were thinking.

User Info Menu

Ok ok, I get it now. Our group all met up on a party cruise, and remain friends, but since we adopted the baby, we stopped going on the cruises. We decided Negril was a happy medium, but will skip the Crawl.

User Info Menu

If you ask at the office there are very reliable babysitters in Negril that will come and babysit. I am sure there are some boardies that could recommend one too. You would still have a blast not drinking. We aren't big drinkers most of the time but love the bus crawl for getting out and seeing thing and meeting great people.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't take a child on the pub crawl. As far as the lobster dinner, I would go with Ltu Pub.

User Info Menu

You should ask Lenbert. Seems like you just need an appropriate group to do the Crawl. Meet some people on site and get your own group together.

I also recommend Kuyaba.

User Info Menu

With the size of your group a private driver with a big bus is the way to go, child and all. Won't cost much and you can explore as much or a little as you feel like. Build your own crawl and move on from places you aren't comfortable with. I do know that it is also very common for parents to use babysitter/nannies referred by their hotel. Have a phone with you and you can be back at the resort in 15 - 20 minutes from anywhere.

User Info Menu

Kuyaba is a great place for a family dinner. Between the parrots and the cats your precious will be entertained. For a sunset view and great lobster I recommend 3 Dives on a webcast Tuesday night on the cliffs. You can meet Rob and a lot of Boardies and there is open space to play with your child. Very casual.

User Info Menu

Pub crawls are not the best thing for children, they are for people of drinking age- not to be a downer. There are other fun things to do with your kids, such as horse back riding, or a water park or visit a waterfalls.