Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: RIP Neville

User Info Menu

Re: RIP Neville

These photos are such a wonderful and special memorial to Neville. I wonder if his family could have copies. Thank you all.

Administrator

User Info Menu

We spoke with his friend who has taken over his beach "route" and the patties were obviously made by his family, having Neville's familiar taste. His friend knows of this thread so I would assume the family knows as well. This thread along with the pictures will remain a lasting tribute to the man. RIP Neville.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update Rob!!- Good idea about the thread!-Thanks again brother!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I was looking forward to seeing him on my March visit. He used to have a little shop on the yard between Nirvana and Lazy Days back in the 90's. Wonderful man.

User Info Menu

so sad......mi just hearing this now......mi would always be lookie for him at lunch time when mi was on the beach......
    mi use to spot him coming up the beach with his bike from a mile away and knew it be lunch time soon......yah mon......
    not going to be the same without him on the beach.......may him rest in peace

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Just saw this. Sad. Will miss Neville. Sweetest man ever. RIP.

User Info Menu

Name:  patty man w new shirt standing.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  28.6 KBHe came to our room one day after work, sat with us had a cold drink and a bite to eat and told us a short story.......

On this our 26th trip to our beloved Island, we decided to write about some of the faces we saw on our trip...some you will know, possibly some you wont....hope you enjoy the background behind the faces.........

"BEEF-VEGTABLE-CHICKEN-COCO BREAD"

Those are the choices you will have to make each day, while soaking the Sun up on the Beach of Negril........

"PATTY MAN" is what he is normaly called.....His real name is Neville Stewart, a man small in stature, but not in dreams or his work ethic's.

He is a widower of two years from this writing (2006), and a father of 6 children, lives in Grange Hall and leaves his bike near the beach area that he works each day, rarely taking a day off.

His day on average starts about 5AM with the cooking and prepareing of his days worth of patty's. A patty is a pastry shell filled with the above choices, and then deep fried to a golden brown ( like a Brown Taco) only soft and warm...very light and flaky crust. The filling varies with the choices, as does the prices...with the CoCo Bread being the cheapest........ Normally we are talking 'bout 1 US Buck to a Buck and a Half a piece.......BIG Discounts for volume..LOL

All the fillings are GREAT, with all haveing that "certain" Jamaican "hot-ness" to the end of your tonuge, which is washed away nicely with Red Stripe.............

Good sales days for Neville are 70 patties a day (Spring Breakers)
    to a average of 35-45 per day, during these slow times.......He very rarely brings any back home with him, giving the last away or trading for rides.........

He brings the "Patty Box" with him each day, loading it up in the morning with fresh pattys and returning at night filled with supplies for the next days sales, his bike is safe-stored by the end of the beach, near where he starts and finshes each day.

When he gets back home and does his "chores" and gets ready for the next day he will say his nightly prayers, and finally close his eyes...it will be around 11 PM!.

He has been pushing his bike through the beach sand for over 16 years now, and is in the process of fixing up a "scooter" to help him to work and home to cut down on his expenses so he wont have to raise his prices........(smart man)

As all Jamaicans do more than one job,,Patty Man also will cook you a fine Jamaican Meal at your place or elsewhere, and deliver it to you
    We asked him for BIG LOBSTERS,,,and Mon ! did he deliver.......we were taking a dip in the pool when he arrived 'bout 4 in the afternoon one day with a bag, in it were 3 of the BIGGEST JAMAICAN LOBSTERS we had ever seen.............2 to 3 lbs of Tail Meat Each.
    They were alive when he brought them to us, and I aked if he could de-tail them and set them on our porch....that night I steamed them in the shell with baked potatoes and steamed veggies.......it was as CoComando put it !!!!!!!!

I made him a shirt with his photo on it and we gave it to him on this visit...........

so if ya see a guy wearing a shirt with him on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you have just run into the PATTY MAN...............

Get up- go over, buy him OUT....and Help get that "scooter on Di Road!)

Watch him as he walks off, and feel proud and honored,y ou have just met a real "Jamaican Ledgend"

Hope you enjoyed my attempt at writing these inside looks at people we see,,,
    will follow with more if you like......
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Rambo- awesome story!!! Sorry I never got to meet him. Love the shirt !

User Info Menu

so sad to hear this

User Info Menu

Oh no... just logging in after a long absence (due to family illness/death) and now I learn of Neville's passing. How very sad... he fed me lunch many times... and was such a pleasant man to talk to.
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...