Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Crusher Negril Tour - A Self Centred Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: The 2015 Crusher Negril Tour - A Self Centred Trip Report

Well Friday was an interesting day. We needed more shopping done as for some reason the Red Stripe keeps disappearing! I don't know what that's all about but I will get to the bottom of it before the trip is over! :P

DK and Kevin went up the WestEnd after our shopping adventures were done. There was a party up there with some people from the Whaaaagwan page on Facebook.

Brenda and I had a visitor as our friend Statement came to hang with us for a while. He's very politically minded so the conversation went that route. LOL....it was a good time.

We figured we would go to Travellers so we went for a nap. Woke up about 8 and B was feeling under the weather so I headed over myself. I found out our friend Brad had a mishap at Rick's. I know I am not the first person to type those words on here. Thankfully though it was just some really bad Bruising and that he's gonna be OK. Not sure what he's going to feel like on his trip back home but hopefully he's OK.

I met up Jamerican. I assumed she was a guy.....but no...she's pretty little lady! They were over there having a blast for her B Day. It was a good time had by all! I even sang....sorry to those who experienced that! LOL!

Not sure what the plan is today probably just going with the flow!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Bless up!~ Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Really enjoying reading your trip report, enjoy your holiday!

Sending love and positive thoughts to Mrs Crusher

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Well this trip is postponed on account I am suffering through what the wife had. Can't even keep down water......will see how the day goes today but Saturday was a right off. I was ok long enough to help prep some curry chicken before having to go lay down. From the sounds coming from the deck everyone enjoyed it. Sorry to everyone at the resort who had to suffer through the smells and didn't get any lol!

I am going to see what I can get myself feeling like this morning. Hoping its better.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Please take care and get well soon Crusher. Drink water if you can.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    The internet is broken at the NBCC so I am down at Travellers....the things I do for you people! :P

So its like 8:30AM...I'm half in the bag already...the ocean is still crazy rough......oh my liver! LOL!!!!
    The liver is evil and must be punished! !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Well this trip is postponed on account I am suffering through what the wife had. Can't even keep down water......will see how the day goes today but Saturday was a right off. I was ok long enough to help prep some curry chicken before having to go lay down. From the sounds coming from the deck everyone enjoyed it. Sorry to everyone at the resort who had to suffer through the smells and didn't get any lol!

I am going to see what I can get myself feeling like this morning. Hoping its better.
    See if you can find some activated charcoal to ingest. Seriously, unless you can find some antibiotics.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear you are sick. The flu is evil this year. Hope you get better to soon to enjoy your vacation soon.

User Info Menu

Sunday.

Well the one plus side of Brenda's condition is that we basically have a traveling pharmacy. After a few different things and a half case of water I was off and running today. I really wanted to watch some of the game as the SuperBowl's lately have been good. Well except for the minor blow out last year.

I spent the morning on our deck right sizing my stomach issues. Brenda took over the cooking for the morning and we had a few friends over for some breakfast. Brenda is a good cook just like me so she whipped up some Jerk Sausage along with Eggs in the Hole! It was a simple meal but it was very tasty on all accounts. I only managed to try the sausage after seeing the animated reactions it was getting from folks! The bit I had contained some seeds from the scotch bonnets so I am guessing they were being wimpy in their assessments of things. I would have ate one or two on a good day but the bite was enough for me.

As I lounged I took an additional muscle relaxer just to make sure all my issues were being addressed and by noon I was feeling more of my old self. The pain in my joints and foot were gone. Not sure if I had chick v or what but I have never had the flu before where my shoulders hips knees and toes ached. My toes felt painful and stiff. I couldn't stretch them there for a bit. Well the majority of that is through so that's good. Back to the adventures of the day.

My plan was to go down to Travellers and watch the game on the deck with our friends. Brenda and our condo crew were going up into the hills to cook supper for the second night with our friends Doc and Annette. They were going to make some marinated batter less fried chicken. Not the crunchy stuff you think of when you hear friend chicken. Doc showed up at around 1PM and off they went with Red Stripe and Guinness in tow. On a side note about the Guinness my friend DK loves it.......maybe love isn't the right way to say it.....she's passionately in a long term simple love affair with it! I bought her one of those bottles from the Hi Lo that are like three standard in one and she just about burst with excitement. When she found out that it only cost like 3.50 she was going to pack it and take it home and show it to the guy who owns the pub we frequent. I am assuming its to either beat him with it or negotiate better prices on pints! LOL!

I went down waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to Travellers thinking they might have some pre-game stuff on which they did....but they had a DJ and you couldn't hear anything. I decided I would have some lunch and head back to my room and watch the Phoenix Open to pass the time. I had the Spiced Coconut Shrimp and it was pretty good. I think I have figured out the recipe which is a good thing as the girls in our group are in love with the stuff. Another dish to add to my repertoire for when we are back home and needing some authentic Jamaican food to take away the longing pains for Negril! If I nail it I think I will be stuck making it for years for every occasion where there is a pot luck!

I went back to the room and watched the golf tournament. I love the Phoenix Open as its got a ruckus crowd and that tee shot on the 1th with thousands of people cheering and jeering its pretty fun to watch.

I got some gumption up and headed back down about 6PM. We got a pretty good table on the deck by the ping pong table and had a big screen right in front of us. There were a mixture of Patriot Fans and Seahawk Fans so every play was equally cheered. We munched on some appys and had a few beers and it was a good time. The chairs weren't comfortable and by the middle of the third quarter I had to leave as my back was killing me. I got a little miffed at a guy in front of us as he was ragging on my buddy for cheering for the Seahawks while wearing Saskatchewan Roughrider gear. At the point in time it happened the Hawks had just gone scored their 24th point. My friends were cheering for Seattle because their punter is from our home town of Regina, Sasktchewan. He is only one of a handful of people from our area that have made the NFL let alone win a SuperBowl Championship. So if you have no skin in the game I think that's a good reason to cheer for some one. I am a Steelers fan and just wanted to see a good game. Football fans....lol....nuff' saying!

I was tired when I got back to the room so I checked up on the game on my phone as I have wifi and the NFL app. I was glad to see it was another nail biter win for the Patriots. I am sure the Seahawks will be back again in the big game and they have nothing to be ashamed of......well other than the ass who pulled down his pants over the Patriots logo after he scored....not so classy my friend.....not so classy!

Well we are going to beach it and I will get some pictures and post. Talk with you soon!

We also ran into some boardies today! Hope to see more of them and others this week!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Glad your feeling better dude!- Take two or tree Red Stripes and you will get back into it bro!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]