Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Crusher Negril Tour - A Self Centred Trip Report

User Info Menu

The 2015 Crusher Negril Tour - A Self Centred Trip Report

I am not really that self centred but it sounded like a title that might catch some folks eyes.

I am starting this a day early as it always one of the most exciting and exhausting days of the reaches we have had to Negril. We have been blessed to be introduced to what we consider a little piece of heaven. We have stayed at some of the best AI's on the island but I much prefer what our reaches to Negril have evolved to in the last number of years. It started with a day trip from Ocho Rios where we were staying at the Riu there. The moment that I stepped on to the beach in Negril my perception and attitude towards Jamaica changed. We on this board have all had that moment where it just seems like you found the place where you were meant to be. For us that's definitely Negril.

I am sure that those of you who have read my previous reports know that I am married to a beautiful women who is unfortunately dealing with Cancer. She's a warrior and has done and been through things that would have easily claimed others in their struggle. She's as tough as nails but has a heart as big as the world. The ironic part about her Cancer is that it reacts positively to sunshine so when we are in Jamaica its the best she feels during the winter and we try to time it so that she can get enough of the good to ride it out until spring/summer. Our 16 days aren't just about adjusting our spirit its about healing the body as well. We are certainly looking forward to our days in the sun for many reasons.

We have good friends that live in Jamaica and we look forward to spending time with them every year. This year is no different but a bonus is that we are bringing along our home friends so that they can meet the people we gush about after every trip to Negril. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the sense of connection that we do. For that we count ourselves lucky. It also adds to our excitement.

Things I plan to do while I am in Negril:

Drink Red Stripe
    Lounge on the Beach
    Eat Amazing Food
    Cook Amazing Food
    Drink Red Stripe
    Visit a Webcast or Two
    Watch the SuperBowl
    Drink Red Stripe
    Maybe do a trip.....still haven't seen the Appleton Tour
    Hang out in the West End
    One Love Bar Crawl
    Visit AhhhBeees
    Hang out with Colette at her Bar
    Drink Red Stripe
    Visit the Corner Bar(Seaview Bar)
    Drink Red Stripe
    Boat Bar
    Drifters
    Bar B Barn
    Bourbon Beach
    Alfred's
    Seastar
    Best in the West
    and of course.......

DRINK RED STRIPE!!

Not sure if everyone is sensing a trend here or not but that's the tentative itinerary lol! We have newbs along so everything old and familiar will be new again as we see it through their eyes. I love taking new people to Negril and watch that gradual change that happened to me years ago. That moment when they get it and you know they are going to want it again. We have great friends and they deserve to know what we know and experience what we have experienced. They are half way there as they left this morning. Their flight landed in Toronto 20 min early. Sounds like a good sign to me.

I will try to share some pictures for those of you who are landlocked and stuck in the snow. I will try and update every day but forgive me if I miss a day here and there. I will try and capture some of the spirit of the place in my words and photos so that you all can have some report therapy!

One love folks......21 hours until the adventure begins again for another year!

Name:  IMG_2352.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  82.3 KB

One of my favourite sights in Jamaica!!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Re: The 2015 Crusher Negril Tour - A Self Centred Trip Report

Look forward to your "on-sight" reports/pictures ~ Happy travels
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Geez, I've never even gotten around to writing a trip report after and you manage to get one started before you leave, impressive. Will be following you by one day, same arrival time, not sure why we in the coldest part of planet have to fly out at 6 in the morning but hey once it starts its all part of the adventure. Hope you and lovely lady have another great adventure and that the sun and fun takes away her worries, hope we run into sometime as your plan looks pretty similar to mine, especially the red strip part!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasthai View Post
    Geez, I've never even gotten around to writing a trip report after and you manage to get one started before you leave, impressive. Will be following you by one day, same arrival time, not sure why we in the coldest part of planet have to fly out at 6 in the morning but hey once it starts its all part of the adventure. Hope you and lovely lady have another great adventure and that the sun and fun takes away her worries, hope we run into sometime as your plan looks pretty similar to mine, especially the red strip part!
    I'm not hard to find so hope to bump into you. Another Saskie is always welcome in my world!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

AHHHHHH chit!!!!, this is going to be a good one!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Hey Crusher and Rasthai save some Red Stripe for this fellow Saskie I wont be there for another 6 weeks!! LOL
    Best of Luck to your better half as well Crusher. Negril is good for the Body and Spirit.
    ]img]https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;405/st/20180319/e/Negril+Reunion/dt/-1/k/1257/s-event.png[[IMG]url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

The first picture is AWESOME!!!! I love Red Stripe . Keep the posts coming Crusher I am having a hard countdown this year. I hope the sun will bless your wife.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Hey Crusher, I hear what you're saying loud and clear.
    You made me remember my first trip to Negril.

I got hooked just like you.

Happy trails to you and yours.

User Info Menu

viper, Red Stripe is going to have to restock after Crusher crushes through Negril on a Red Stripe mission!- I'm sure they don't mind to keep Negril stocked up on Red Stripe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    viper, Red Stripe is going to have to restock after Crusher crushes through Negril on a Red Stripe mission!- I'm sure they don't mind to keep Negril stocked up on Red Stripe!
    LOL I may have to Call ahead
    ]img]https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;405/st/20180319/e/Negril+Reunion/dt/-1/k/1257/s-event.png[[IMG]url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]