Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ivan's or Kuyaba?

User Info Menu

Re: Ivan's or Kuyaba?

We stay on the cliffs, so the view is not the thing at Ivan's...it's the candles and I would hope the food.... And I am concerned with the winds or rain..We Have not tried the Blue Mahoe, so my wheels are turning.....And Kuyaba has been great food. I guess the cost of Ivan's is the problem, is it really worth it??? We want a lovely view, with a wonderful meal and a special touch. We had that with a beach dinner at the Sunrise. lol I guess it is all irrelevant, cause I will be with the one I love. We are practical. Thanks for all your help.

User Info Menu

Its very worth it!

User Info Menu

Without the whole 100 candle thing I think cost is pretty comparable. The only time we stayed on the beach we had dinner in the upper table, forget what its formally called, and I cant remember what we had. Guess thats why I'm skewed towards Ivan's perfect Seafood Pasta and Jerk Penne. Call and ask for a table right on the cliffside, hopefully they'll accommodate and the scene will not disappoint.
    Bar b barn '10 Catcha '11 BCC '13 Moonlight 14' Xtabi 14' HSH 15' Catcha 15'

User Info Menu

Blue Mahoe is my favorite restaurant in Negril right now. The bread was fabulous! Everything is good. The service is perfect. I love Ivan's (they consistently beat Kuyaba on the grilled lobster.) I like the atmosphere at Kuyaba and enjoy being right on the beach listening to the waves lap up. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  101.1 KB

User Info Menu

Where is Blue Mahoe located?

User Info Menu

I dream of the crab cakes from Kuyaba probably once a month!!! They have my vote. If you can get the crows nest for a sunset dinner there is nothing like it in my opinion.

User Info Menu

Ivan's. If you are practical, skip 100 candles and just have a long dinner at a seaside table. Kuyaba is wonderful but a little less private. Blue Mahoe has a great location, good food, but the service is really uneven.

User Info Menu

out of all three, (kuyaba, blue mahoe and ivans') ivan's hands down. skip the candles, it's the same vibe and atmosphere without that added cost. the views are stunning and food outstanding. it's lively . . .or you can have your table set up on the lower level all alone!!! no candles needed!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    out of all three, (kuyaba, blue mahoe and ivans') ivan's hands down. skip the candles, it's the same vibe and atmosphere without that added cost. the views are stunning and food outstanding. it's lively . . .or you can have your table set up on the lower level all alone!!! no candles needed!!!
    Exactly! If the price of the 100 Candles Dinner is a deterrent, then skip it and just reserve a regular table and order off the regular menu. Still amazing food in an amazing atmosphere. (Although, I encourage everybody to experience the 100 Candles at least once - we did it one time and probably won't do it again unless it's a special occasion.)

I'm surprised to see so much love for Kuyaba. We enjoy Kuyaba almost every trip, but it is not up to same level as Ivan's in terms of food, service or atmosphere/vibe. I would probably rank Charela (le Vendome) above Kuyaba, but still below Ivan's.

User Info Menu

We ate at Kuyaba last night and the food was just as bad as last year..........Had to send mine back as it was cold.......and then only ate half of it.......Not the same as it once was........