Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanna talk about Coco.....

User Info Menu

Wanna talk about Coco.....

I have been too Negril 11 times in ten years or so. First time at beaches and the next 9 at Coco, the last time we tried travellers. For our next reach we were planning on going back too Coco as its worth a few extra dollars because of the great location. However I have read some of the reviews on another web site and it seems that the new rooms are not a big hit, no problem as I would rather stay on the old part anyway. But one review said because of the extra rooms the beach is more crowded then they had ever seen it with no room and the service and the food was slower then ever with food coming out half cooked and that getting towels was next too impossible after 10 am. I generally dont pay much attention too just one review but there were actually a couple of them that were less then positive. I love the Coco la Palm but it seems as if the added rooms may have cut the overall quality of the resort. Was kinda wondering if anybody who has stayed there can offer any insite into this.....much respect, onthecorner

User Info Menu

Re: Wanna talk about Coco.....

With the new rooms just becoming available I am sure there are issues that need to be addressed. This is a quality resort with top of the line management and employees. The additional guest rooms will require additional employees who need to be trained. With time I am sure everything will be worked out.

We are staying at CCLP in mid April and will file trip reports on the popular issues of the day: who has the coldest cheapest Red Stripes, route taxis, who has the coldest cheapest Red Stripes, amount of sand on the beach, who has the coldest cheapest Red Stripes, exchange rates, who has the coldest cheapest Red Stripes, favorite meals, who has the coldest cheapest Red Stripes, higglers on the beach, who has the coldest cheapest Red Stripes, cliffs vs beach, and of course the most frequently asked question of who has the coldest cheapest Red Stripes

User Info Menu

Appreciate the posts.

Leaning towards Coco in June. Need two rooms close together. Coco sent an email with two Superior rooms with Queen beds. Not sure where on the resort they are located???

Any input from Coco Veterans with recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

VVHT

User Info Menu

hi VVHT, the superior rooms are downstairs rooms in the old section.....actually pretty nice rooms with a little covered patios
    hi Captian Oil, I sure hope you are right, always considered cclp very underrated as a three star resort and one of the best kept secrets on seven mile. Look forward too your trip report when you get back. BTW if you have a chance can you find out where the cheapest red stripes are at....lol

User Info Menu

onthecorner,

Thanks for the quick response. Are they closer to the beach or the road?

Thanks,

VVHT

User Info Menu

they are in both locations, they are the downstairs rooms that kinda surround the pool area in the middle

User Info Menu

Got it, THANK YOU!!!!

User Info Menu

I also worried about the beach issue with more rooms now.

User Info Menu

We will be there mid-Feb. so we'll find out. We've been staying there since the first year it opened. The restaurant was built before the rooms opened and we happened upon it for a cup of coffee early one morning ... stayed there on the next Negril trip and the rest is history!

User Info Menu

VVHT ...
    Walked by to check it out yesterday afternoon, prime time,and there was plenty of room on the beach... Even a large stack of loungers not being used... Not staying there this reach, but back first 2 weeks of March.. I really don't think beach overcrowding will be an issue....